Comfort

Okay so I've got comments in the last chapter regarding Cyclone and his eyebags. Well, take this and idk maybe arm yourselves with some tissues? This isn't directly a sequel to 'Solar, You Idiot' but I wanted to explore the relationship between Solar and Cyclone and how they would possibly interact.

Here, BBB Siblings are called their Malaysian second tiers. ENJOY and get ready for a roller coaster ride!!

==

It was one of those usual nights where Solar stayed up late. It was one of those nights where he tinkered away in his Science Lab, away from Duri who desperately needed his sleep after constantly using his powers for battles. It was one of those nights where his attention was grabbed by Mother Nature and he left his room to answer the call.

A light from downstairs caught his attention just when he was about to head back in his lab to continue studying about rocks.

Who would be awake at this hour apart from him?

He knew Blaze could stay up late but recently he didn't have those bouts of nightmares anymore; he had Ais to protect and reassure him. Hali was also a possible choice but he wasn't stressed as per usual. Rather, he seemed more calm and susceptible to socialize nowadays.

Deciding that it wouldn't check to hurt and he was more than capable of defending himself even at the dead of night, Solar padded softly down the stairs, gloveless hand sliding along the banister.

He checked left and right to see the lights were off, save for that one light that sparked his insatiable curiosity. It was coming from the living room. Tok was certainly asleep, he knew for sure. He had a long day at work today.

He peeked in and got a shock.

Looking small and huddled in on himself by the corner was the second eldest Taufan. He was seated on the floor, chin resting on his knees and arms around his legs. He was clad in a loose shirt that suspiciously resembled Halilintar's and flannel pajamas, his feet bare. The cap that all of them shared wasn't perched on his head so his mop of hair was messy and tousled.

If Solar hadn't bothered to look around closely, he wouldn't have been able to spot his sibling. It was such a jarring sight since he was used to Taufan being a loud and huge presence amongst the seven of them. He had always been the mood-maker and the one who lightened everyone up. His bright smiles and cheery laughter was always something that was seen and heard through most of the day.

Had they perhaps took for granted that special talent of his that reduced him to a mere shadow in the night? The thought was scary to think about, but Solar was one for practicality and limitless possibilities.

Gulping, he left his spot to crouch in front of Taufan, whose gaze stayed on the ground all throughout. Solar took another breath before gently placing his hands over Taufan's, a little astonished at the contact of their skin. Wearing gloves certainly had its downfalls as more often than not he forgot what it was like to touch someone or be touched.

"Taufan?" he called softly, said boy stirring only slightly at the call of his name. "What are you doing still awake at almost three am?"

Taufan didn't move but finally raised his eyes to meet Solar's. Those eyes... One that was usually filled with joy and laughter were now replaced with a hollow and almost empty look that made Solar vow to hunt down whoever hurt him and possibly blast them to outer space; the moon wasn't enough punishment.

He thankfully didn't shrug off Solar's hands, heaving a sigh that seemed to come from his heart and leaning on the wall.

He looked so fragile and gloomy in this light that it physically pained Solar to see him in such a state. Granted, he wasn't close much with Taufan, as whenever he needed emotional support he turned to Duri but it didn't mean he cared less about the others. He did know that Taufan and Halilintar were close too but he didn't know to what extent.