Formal Events (Pt. 2)

Perhaps she had done too much exploring for one night.

Ying was by the buffet table, nervously filling her mouth with the finger foods as her eyes darted every which way in alert for the alien boy who had shown an interest in her.

She had bumped into a mean-looking alien, tall with glistening purple skin and sharp eyes. Before she had a moment to berate the Chinese an alien boy who seemed about her age stepped up and said he was looking for her everywhere, the boy leading her away.

She was doubtful of that save but accepted it and thanked him nonetheless, about to go around once more when he stopped her in favor of offering some food and getting to know each other.

At first she accepted since hey, a new friend. Ying never turned down an opportunity to gain a new ally.

He was sweet and had lots of fun stories to tell, charming even and considerate of her own stories.

But Ying quickly realized he wanted more than just friendship, trying to touch Ying's hand or sometimes leaning in for a kiss which she was quick to dodge.

Having enough of him and his lack of knowledge for personal space, Ying excused herself to the restroom and was now waiting it out by the buffet table, regretful of going around alone in this huge place which had three floors, each floor as wide as three football fields.

A presence sidled up to her and stage-whispered, "Why are you here?"

Ying gasped sharply and turned, hand at the ready to deliver a mighty punch but was stopped short once she saw familiar features.

She breathed in relief as her body relaxed, leaning on the buffet table more.

"Oh it's just you Gopal."

Gopal snorted and stood beside Ying, arms full of food.

"What's got you here?"

Ying looked around before sighing again.

"I met this alien dude who saved me from a strict-looking lady alien," she began. "Oh sure I appreciated the help and thought I might gain a new friend." She frowned as she remembered his advances. "Only, it's clear to me he wants to be more since he tried to put his arm around me, hold my hand and everything." She shivered. "Gopal, I'm not interested in those things."

Gopal only listened intently, chewing silently on his food and attention on his friend.

After swallowing he said, "Dey when you see him again you give him a good punch, yeah? Like what you were going to do with me."

Ying giggled, amused at Gopal's antics.

"Sadly, he's the son of a multi-millionaire alien and I'm not sure he'll take too kindly the fact a girl punched his son."

Gopal rolled his eyes.

"Then pretend you're already dating someone so he'll get out of your hair." Gopal had by now finished his food and was gesturing to himself. "Come on, I'll be your fake boyfriend."

Ying laughed and shook her head, tracing circles on the floor with her feet.

"No thanks," she said. "I know you mean well but women's got standards too."

Gopal snorted and said, "How about Boboiboy? He'll kill the kid with kindness and everybody wins."

"No thanks," Ying said again. "He's more like my brother, y'know? Plus, he's probably with Yaya right now."

"Then what about Fang?"

"Ew triple no. That guy's the most arrogant, selfish, and inhuman alien possible." Ying turned to the side so her hip was leaning on the table. "You know how he disgustingly eats his donuts? You know how he slicks back his hair when he thinks he's super cool?"