Piggyback Rides

I'd say this is like a continuation to 'Stupid Shoes'. You know how women absolutely hate it when they wear heels and your feet come out all painful and looking like it got beat up? Yeah, this is something like that.

Happy reading!

==

With the enemy finally subdued and the power sphere safe and secured, the night was silent and peaceful once more.

TAPOPS agents were around the place, surveying everything and stepping over food and broken plates and upturned tables.

Commander Koko Ci stood before them in his usual red uniform, nodding toward the team with Admiral Tarung in a hologram call.

"Well done, team. You've secured the power sphere and managed to stop the tycoon from using the power sphere for unspeakable things." Commander smiled. "Good work."

Boboiboy chuckled nervously and scratched his cheek.

"Most of the work was done by Ying, actually." The Commander's head rose up in question, Admiral Tarung's brows rising in intrigue. "I initially wanted to leave since we'd been discovered but Ying insisted to go on. That's why we were able to succeed this time, sir."

Commander and Admiral's gazes slid over to Ying, looking beat up and impossibly sluggish as she leaned half-asleep on Yaya's shoulder.

The corner of Commander's lips quirked up in a proud grin as he nodded in understanding, turning back to Boboiboy.

Admiral hummed as he crossed his arms, a light expression passing his face.

"You all should rest up. Ying looks dead to the world by now, which only further proves your point." To the five he said, "You all deserve some rest until the event of a next mission, gang." Admiral grinned, showcasing his row of pearly teeth. "In fact, you're dismissed for the weekend. Go home and enjoy your time with your families until we give you a message."

The five of them looked at each other, amazed and unbelieving of the Admiral's order.

The youngsters did the TAPOPS salute until Commander left, smiling at the five of them.

 Within minutes they arrived home, Yaya supporting Ying who winced with every step.

"My feet hurt!" Ying whined, resting more of her weight on Yaya, who was beginning to struggle holding her up. "Curse Shielda for telling me to wear these demon shoes! What are heels for but inflicting pain on my feet?"

Yaya laughed as she adjusted her hold on Ying, catching Boboiboy's eye and gesturing to Ying with a plead in her gaze, the boy laughing as he rushed to Ying's other side to balance her weight.

"Geez Ying help us out here," Boboiboy said, huffing out a laugh and holding Ying's arm around his shoulders.

Ying growled and tried to bat Boboiboy with her hand but all it managed to do was flail uselessly and flop back to his shoulder, too tired to retaliate with brute force.

Fang appeared in front of them then, nodding toward Ying.

"I'll take that brat back to her home."

Yaya beamed. "Really, Fang? You'll do that?"

"How do I know you're not just going to leave her by the dumpster?" Boboiboy narrowed his eyes at his friend.

Fang sneered.

"Gimme a break I'm not that mean." He fixed his glasses. "I'll take her home and tell you when she's safe with her grandma."