Love Languages (Pt. 1)

A chap with one of our fave bois Gempa !! Happy Holidays yall 2022 is near!!~

Gempa was one of those people who spoke whatever was on his mind. He told his friends if he was displeased or uncomfortable. He told his brothers when he was disappointed or proud of them. He complimented Tok Aba whenever he did something awesome and he said encouraging words to people when they felt down whether it be because of an alien attack or something within their personal lives.

But saying such affectionate things like the universal 'I love you' was kept to a minimum and he saw no point in telling that to his brothers every day of every hour since all of them knew it. Granted, most of them didn't get along very well since they had different views and values but once in a blue moon they'd find common ground and celebrate that by exchanging a high five or a fist bump or anything simple, really. And Gempa would be lying if he said he wasn't impressed with those sudden acts of unity.

He did say he loves them when they needed the reassurance. Once, Taufan was made fun of for being too airheaded and Halilintar held him close for comfort while Gempa took it upon himself to punish whoever badmouthed his brother. He said it sometimes when the recipient was caught off-guard like when Solar was doing an experiment that would stabilize their breathing in outer space. When Gempa uttered those words Solar blushed as red as a firetruck and accidentally let go of a vial that held liquid, which shattered and made half the room blow up.

It wasn't Gempa's intention to embarrass him; the words flew out of his mouth before he knew what he was saying.

Nowadays he was seeing that there were other ways to show love, be it through words or actions or anything else. He had his brothers to thank for that since he was also learning of other love languages.

==

Acts of Service

Currently he was reading a book by the living room, although there was not much light since he didn't want to disturb Blaze, who was curled on the couch for an afternoon nap. So he had difficulty reading the words but suddenly there was the sound of curtains being pushed aside. Not long after that, sunlight flooded the room.

He blinked to get used to the sudden light and turned to see Ais, who grinned and gave a two-fingered salute.

"Don't worry about Blaze; he'll still be able to sleep even if there's light. Don't sacrifice your eyesight; you've already done so much, Gem."

Gempa's mouth opened in surprise but before he could say anything his younger brother already left, the curtain held open so he could read his book and still leave Blaze undisturbed.

He blinked in bewilderment, a smile of appreciation blooming on his face afterward as he continued to read, thankful for the natural light.

==

Acts of Service

Today was a relatively busy day at the Kokotiam as Ochobot took orders while Tok Aba made the drinks. Fang and Ying were also helping around but still, Gempa couldn't help the exhaustion that steadily seeped into his bones the longer he worked and washed the dishes, making sure they were spotless before placing them on the rack to dry.

"Hey Gem," greeted a voice, Gempa turning his attention briefly toward the newcomer who turned out to be Solar.

"Oh hello Sol," he returned, resuming in washing a fork. "How are the others? I might not make it for lunch so you guys go on ahead and order take-out or something."

"Ah actually Tau already cooked and the others are waiting for you."

Gempa's brows furrowed in confusion as he took a second to glance over his shoulder and meet the gaze of the youngest septuplet.

"What do you mean? I still have lots to do since we all know the lunch hour is the busiest."

Solar approached him with a flourish and smirked.

"Leave the dishes to me, Gempa. I'll take over for you."

Gempa laughed lightly and pushed Solar's reaching hands away.

"Thanks but no thanks. I can handle it."

Solar huffed and said evenly, "You've been handling it for so long that I want to lessen your workload. I have had enough of watching you overwork yourself so I am making it my duty to finish yours so you get some well-deserved rest."

With that, Solar yanked Gempa from the sink, closing the water and turning to the third elemental brother.

His eyes softened.

"You deserve a break. I'll handle this."

He then turned toward the dishes, picking one up and continuing Gempa's dish duty. The earth elemental met eyes with Ochobot, who shrugged.

"He does have a valid point, though. Besides, your other brothers are waiting. I'm sure Tok won't mind if you go on ahead. We'll take care of the rest."

"See?" Solar piped up, smirking at Gempa. "Even Ochobot agrees so the Kokotiam's in good hands."

Gempa rubbed his nape and exhaled, agreeing to go home as he smiled and waved goodbye, giving the youngest one last glance before running on home.

==

Physical Touch

Gempa yawned as he opened the curtains of their bedroom, hearing Taufan groan and burrow himself further into the blankets.

"Time to get up Tau," he said, climbing the ladder to the bunk bed and shaking his older brother.

Taufan only whined and rolled away from him, Gempa chuckling and jumping down to be face-to-face with the eldest, Gempa recoiling in surprise.

Halilintar grinned apologetically.

"Need anything, Hali?" he asked, the eldest shaking his head and reaching forward to pat Gempa's shoulder thrice before leaving wordlessly. Gempa blinked in surprise, wondering what that was.

Hours later when they were sitting beside each other during lunch, Halilintar's knee knocked his thrice again, giving no indication he did anything under the table.

Gempa eyed him suspiciously but thought it best to confront him when they were alone.

When he was cooking dinner, Halilintar passed by again and lightly tapped his butt thrice. Before Gempa could say anything, he was gone. Really, what was that?

When he was going to bed, he found a Post-It note on his phone, plucking the paper and smiling as he read it.

Those three taps mean ILY. I can't say it verbally but know that my heart is true.

Gempa's heart warmed, looking over to Halilintar with headphones plugged in his ears and head bobbing to a beat he couldn't hear. Really, his eldest brother was so sweet and thoughtful. Those random three taps actually meant something, and it was a subtle but straightforward message. It was amazing how people had different love languages. Maybe he should start paying attention more.

The other brothers are in the next chap ^_^