07| New Life

I soon learned that Victor was an actual sweetheart. I have a weak heart for wholesome people so it didn't take long for me to like him. They all left me alone for the first two days but on the morning of day three, Victor knocked on my door.

I was sceptical at first about his intentions. But after breakfast, he took me to the absolutely amazing music room. We sat behind the piano the entire day and played together. He promised to teach me how to play the guitar after I expressed my wish to learn more instruments.

"My mom-" I cut myself off.

She was not my mom. I kept forgetting that though the truth was painfully obvious now.

"I mean Diana would only let me play the piano. When I was younger, I used to beg her to let me play more instruments but she would never bug me. I never knew why."

I don't know why I opened up to him. Maybe it was because it was already late or Greta's lasagna made me emotional.

I asked her to marry me yesterday. She just laughed and called me adorable. She turned me down in the most wholesome way.

I didn't know if I should be depressed or flattered.

"Well, mom is very famous for her musical talents. Perhaps you reminded her too much of her." Victor suggested carefully.

"Did they hate each other that much?" I questioned.

I mean she did steal me away from my actual mom.

"I don't know. Diana was younger and mom was always very caring towards her. At least, that's what I was told. I do know that mom was very upset that she just disappeared after giving birth to Amelia. The family just assumed she didn't want to be confronted with Amelia all too much, but it was just speculation."

She was just busy hiding me in London to prepare me to marry some random dude. I sighed deeply and took a look around the music room. Almost all the instruments that you could think of were here, along with a gigantic shelve filled with awards.

Music awards that my real mom won. It was still so insane to think that Amanda Cassano was my mom. I grew up with her music and I was a fan.

"What instruments do you want to learn?" Victor asked me to try to lighten the mood a bit.

"Honestly?"

He nodded encouragingly.

"A lot. I have a whole list. Guitar, cello, flute, drums, violin, harp, saxophone, and much more." I admitted.

I really loved music. I now know where it comes from.

"Then let's complete the list!" He sounded optimistic.

"I can help you with the guitar and violin. I'm sure Hector wouldn't mind hiring tutors for the other instruments."

"He'll think that I'm insane. Even more than he already thinks I am."

Victor gave me a soft smile.

"He doesn't. Believe me. You're going through a crazy time and you're reacting accordingly. He doesn't think you're insane."

I don't know why that made me feel so emotional. I've been feeling so shitty and here he was validating my feelings. Apparently, that was all I needed.

"Thank you." I cried.

He hugged me closely.

"You're family. In our family, we do everything for each other."

That made me wonder if I'll ever even belong in this family. Most of them didn't even like me.

///////////////////////