42| Twenty-One

My first time in a club was kind of the kickstart of something amazing.

It was my twenty-first birthday and my friends took me to a club. They got Hector's permission first, of course. He was thirty-one but still too busy worrying over me.

He really is an old man now.

We went to club Notte. It was a lame name, especially after hearing that Silas was the one who named it. Despite the dumb name, the club was very famous and there was a super long waiting list.

Being the little sister of the owners had its advantages.

We were given a VIP lodge. It was kind of cosy and away from the busy dance floor. Cecelia and August were already twenty-one, so they'd drunk alcohol before.

The only alcohol I've had was some wine that Giana sneaked into our room last summer. It tasted sweet but I didn't dare to drink too much.

Amelia did and she passed out. We had to fucking guard our room so that no one would find out that she had a hangover.

Anyways, they ordered our drinks. Once they arrived, I realised that was a bad idea. They went straight for hard liquor.

Vodka.

"Shouldn't we start with something light?" I questioned.

"You only turn twenty-one once, El!" August grinned and pushed a shot towards me.

They quickly explained to me how it worked. I'd have to take the shot, bite down on a lemon and then lick some salt off my hand. I felt nervous but also excited.

Why do I want to get drunk?

It'll probably bite me in the ass tomorrow but I wanted to let loose tonight.

The vodka burned my throat and it was a horrid experience but kind of addicting. I took another shot and giggled as we experimented with other drinks. The cocktails were sweet and right up my alley.

"Let's go dance!" Amelia grabbed my arm.

Her cheeks were red and her eyes wide. She'll be as drunk as me. I followed her down to the dance floor and danced with my friends.

No one bothered me as I'd feared. By now people knew who I was and what it would mean if they harassed me. It made them fear me but I no longer cared. I could freely enjoy myself on the dance floor without some creep touching me.

I was swinging my hips to the beat and I've never felt more alive. In this moment nothing mattered and I could let loose. Everybody around me was drunk as well and we were all enjoying this moment of freedom I threw my head back and my eyes went up to the balcony that supervised the dance floor.

Someone was leaning on the rail. His seductive green eyes were taking in every move my body made. For what felt like forever, our eyes were on each other. I only focused on his eyes and saw what he felt while looking at me.

Hunger.

When men look at me hungrily, I get scared, but not this time. It made me feel very hot. Not in a sexy type of way. I just felt warm all over my body and had a desperate wish for him to touch me.

"Oh, Alex!" Amelia grinned widely and wove at him.

My eyes went away from his eyes. The familiar handsome face, his dark hair and suit. I'd been lost in a trance that I didn't even notice that it was Alexander Ferrari.

A smirk appeared on his full lips. He wove back to Amelia but his eyes were on me. I was starting to sweat.

"I need to use the restroom," I told my friends urgently.