10| I Need Cookies

Third person's POV:

Ronan held the picture in his hands. Her gorgeous blue eyes shone with happiness and excitement. The baby fat was still prominent on her face but it was less than before. She still looked adorable to him but he knew that she'll be the most beautiful woman in New York in a few years.

His Charlotte.

Ever since he was young, his father showed him pictures of her. He had always wanted her, since the very beginning. So he wasn't going to let those Cassano' brothers take her away from him.

Charlotte was going to be his wife, mother of his children, and lifelong partner.

Whether they liked it or not.
Whether she liked it or not.

"Otets, we have located Diana Maxwell."

(Father)

Ronan looked up from the picture. He stood in his father's office. One of his brothers, Maxim, walked in with a folder. He handed it over to his father. Maxim was a tall blond with crystal clear blue eyes. The brothers didn't have much in common look wise.

Maxim looked like his mother while Ronan was the spitting image of his father. Both men were tall, muscular, and ruthless. They had the same chocolate dark hair and eyes. While his father preferred to wear suits, Ronan settled for jeans and his leather jackets.

"So they sent her to their home base in Italy?" His father read the paper.

Ronan sat up and walked over to his office. He quickly scanned the paper to find out that Diana Maxwell was sent to Italy. Apparently, Cassano's Italian part of the family wanted to deal with her. Luca Cassano lived there with his wife now. He'd surely want to get his hands on the woman that stole his baby girl.

"Instructions for a rescue operation?" Maxim asked.

Diana had been their spy and she'd been in charge of raising their precious Charlotte. Maxim guessed that she was probably worth saving but that was what made him so very different from his older brother and father.

"Why would we put in our efforts in saving a worthless bitch? Let her die for all I care." His father muttered.

Dimitri had seduced Diana many years ago. He'd manipulated her so that she would help them in this insane plan. She was so in love and obsessed with him that she'd do anything for him. He greedily took advantage of that.

"We need to focus on taking Charlotte back." Ronan insisted.

Maxim nodded before looking at his older brother. Ronan was insane and out of control. Sometimes he had anger outbursts so intense that he went wild. Their father would send him to the basement where they held traitors. He'd brutally kill them until he calmed down.

"I locked up the two assholes who messed up the mission in the basement. They're all yours."

They had a simple mission but they failed terribly. They had Charlotte in their custody but managed to lose her so carelessly. Ronan put down the picture. He had her face engraved in his brain. She was all he could think about, he was obsessed.

Maxim walked with him. He noticed how excited his older brother looked to kill. Maxim knew that this was a cruel world and he had to force himself to toughen up. He has had to do awful things but luckily he was given a more administrative position. His brother had enough bloodthirst for thirty people.

"When we take her back, will you wait?" He finally asked.

The plan was the wait until she was sixteen but even that scenario gave Maxim a weird feeling. To him, that was still a child but that was how things were done in their world. Their mother was sixteen when she married their father and she was seventeen when she gave birth to her first child. Their older sister, Katarina.