22| Italy

I felt his hands all over me. I was back on that table but this time, I couldn't fight him off. He took me in the most horrifying way and I could feel him all over me. It was the most terrifying feeling. Being stuck in that situation in a nightmare was the worst.

I knew that it wasn't real, but it felt so real and I couldn't escape it. All I had to do was open my eyes.

Why couldn't I open my eyes?

"Little one."

Someone was shaking me. I jumped up gasping for air. A strong body caught mine and my face fell against a naked chest.

"Shush, it's alright, it was just a nightmare. You're safe."

Hector.

I looked up at him. His hair was messy and he looked half asleep but he was here to comfort me. He's been here to comfort me ever since I came home from the hospital.

I tightened my arms around his torso.

"Why won't it get better?"

I've started therapy last week because I was fully healed then. I could walk again without pain. I was so excited to be able to go to school again and move around freely. But no matter how happy and hopeful I felt, terrors still came to me at night.

"You've only had a few sessions, little one. It takes time." Hector told me softly.

He was right. My therapist was very nice and sweet. I felt comfortable with her. She never pushed me and was understanding.

"Don't leave me." I whispered.

I was too scared to go to sleep. Hector always came to check up on me when he heard me scream. His room was right next to mine. Sometimes, Amelia came because her room was on the other side of my room.

He's always here to comfort me but I never dared to ask him if he could stay with me. I still felt like he would say no.

"Okay. I won't leave."

He pulled back my covers and slipped underneath. Then he snuggled me close to my chest. He put the covers back over us and caressed my hair.

"Mama told me you get sleepy when she plays with your hair."

I did. My eyelids were already getting heavier and I felt tingles all over my spine. I really like it when someone plays with my hair.

"Sleep softly, little one." He whispered in my ear.

That was all it took for me to sleep in a nightmare less dream.

///////////////////

Summer break.

My two favourite words.

This vacation was going to be epic. We would go for one whole month to visit our family in Italy. I've never been so I was more than excited.

Especially when I saw the private plane.

We were going to fly in style.