53| Papa

"We will be landing in thirty minutes!" The steward announced.

Only thirty minutes before Hector would find out that I didn't keep my promise. Though I was fuelled with motivation and power by Alexander and Nicolas, I was still scared.

What if things went bad? Like really bad? The thought of anybody getting hurt made me feel anxious. Hector was the biggest asshole ever but I didn't want him to get hurt. Everything had changed between us but I cannot find myself to stop caring about him.

Why did he have to be such a big idiot? I practically saw him as the embodiment of safety. I loved hugging him and I felt proud to be his favourite. That was gone now.

"Let's make a promise." Alexander grabbed my hand.

We were sitting next to each other. I've been sleeping on his shoulder for most of the ride. My heart was beating so fast with nerves and stress but calmed down every time I looked into his eyes.

"We're both going to get help, alright? I want us to be healthy both physically and mentally."

I hadn't told him about my dark thoughts and neither had Nicolas. Alexander probably noticed something was different about me or he realised how heavy this entire situation was weighing me down.

"Have you ever..." I couldn't finish my sentence.

He was already shaking his head.

"No, but I want to be a better version of myself." He admitted.

I haven't had a therapy session ever since Alexander and I became official. I felt like I didn't need it anymore. But I needed it now. I wanted to make sense out of whatever the fuck was happening. I wanted to work through my problems.

For now that was enough. Because realising you needed help was already a big step to take.

"We're going to be fine." I kissed his cheek.

We had to be. He was worth fighting for and I wasn't going to give up. I'll take the devil by both his horns and force him to accept our relationship.

////////////////////

My papa was the first one I spotted when I climbed out of the plane. He was dressed warmly because Januaries in New York City were cold. I froze and watched him carefully. Was this Hector's plan? He also set papa up against me?

"What's wrong?" Alexander placed his hand on my shoulder.

I searched for Hector but he was nowhere to be found. He didn't come? I'd expected him to be here but he wasn't. I don't know if that reassured me or not. What did it even mean that he wasn't here?

"Topolina." My papa called me.

He didn't look angry or disappointed but held his arms out for me. Alexander squeezed my shoulder in encouragement. I fell into my papa's arms as he tightly embrace me. I closed my eyes and focused on how nice his hug was. The last time I saw him was at the Christmas Party. He'd asked me for a dance but I said no.

"It'll be fine. Papa will take care of everything, alright?" He promised me.

I looked up at him in confusion but he just kissed my cheeks.

"You won't break us up?" I questioned.

Even if he wanted to, I wouldn't let him. Alexander and I were not going to break up again because of my family.

"No, Alexander is a good man. I trust him with you." He smiled warmly.

I laid my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. He chuckled and caressed my hair but I was so happy that he supported me. That was all I wanted from him. I was scared that he'd react the same as Hector but he didn't.