55| Change Has To Come

Hey!

Quick note. The last chapter was short. It was only about 1800 words or something like that. I had intended it to be short because I want to gradually show how they work on their relationship. One talk isn't going to make everything alright.

Also, I made this chapter longer so I hope you enjoy it.

Thank you for all your comments. They really motivate me to keep writing!

Bye and enjoy this chapter <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Omniscient teller:

Hector was exhausted when he came home late that night. After he dropped Elena off at the airport, he went back to the warehouse to work until late. He needed to busy himself to forget. Guilt was eating at him. He ruined everything.

Ezra was already asleep when his father checked up on him in his room. His son was cheeky and joyful. Despite everything that had happened today, Hector felt warm inside when he gazed at his child.

He was sleeping on his stomach with his butt up. His tiny hands were snuggling with the toy bunny his parents got him. Hector leaned down over his crib and stroked his dark hair. Ezra's cheeks were red just like his mother's.

"I love you, caro." Hector whispered to him.

Ezra stirred slightly but continued to sleep. Hector sighed and walked back to his own room. He'd expected Dahlia to be asleep but she wasn't. She sat on the edge of their bed with an angry scowl on her beautiful face.

"What are you doing up?" He asked while pulling off his jacket.

"Waiting for your ass to come home so that I can beat it." She snapped harshly.

He threw his jacket over a chair and turned to her with a tired expression. If Dahlia was angry with him, she'd give him hell on earth. Right now, he would not be able to deal with her. Mostly because he knows that he deserves it.

"You told me to check on those cameras because Elena might be in danger! You lied to me!" She hissed.

Hector sighed deeply and held up his hands in defence but she slapped him against his chest.

"We made a vow to always tell each other the truth, to always talk to each other about anything. You're going on this dumb rampage and hurting the people you love the most. Elena looks absolutely miserable and it's your fault!"

There was nothing that he could bring up against that. He vowed to her to always tell her the truth. She was the only one who he had fully opened up to, ever. But he wasn't acting rationally lately. He felt so angry that he lost control.

"I'm sorry." She was one of the few who he could apologise too.

But sorry wasn't enough for Dahlia.

"You're just like my father. Controlling and destructive." She spat out.

His heart dropped. Hector knew what kind of man Dahlia's father was and it made him sick to his stomach that she would even compare him to that bastard.

"Alexander's not good enough for Elena." He protested still too stunned to say something else.

He truly believed that. Alexander was known for sleeping around. He even enjoyed it. How could Hector trust such a man with his little sister? What about her reputation? He didn't want people to think that she was easy. That would attract so much dirty bastards.

"That's not for you to decide. Elena wouldn't have fought so hard for him if he wasn't worth it." She shook her head firmly.

Hector sat down on the bed and buried his head in his hands. He wanted to close his eyes and go back to when things were not this fucked up. A few weeks ago when Elena was playing with his son and grinning cutely. When she would look at him with love and not hatred.