36| A New Capo Of Nevada

Diego Ricci is dead. My brothers didn't really explain to me what had happened to him but it was obvious who killed him. I was curious as to how he was killed because I hoped he had suffered a lot.

Amelia knew a lot more about this life and its rules. She had more friends in these circles and by asking around a bit, she found out what happened. We hid in her bathroom as she whispered about what had happened.

"There is this abounded warehouse. They call it the gates to hell. Every time the Don needs to make a bloody statement, he makes all his Capo's come there so that they could see what happens if you disobey."

The gates of hell? I shivered but nodded for her to continue.

"They publicly tortured and killed Diego for what he had done. Hector made a statement out of him. So that everybody knows that what he's done is not allowed and will be punished harshly."

Diego suffered. That was all I needed to know. This life of crime was really not made for me. I handpicked whatever I wanted to know and the rest I just blocked out. It was better like that. Otherwise, I would've just gone insane.

"Girls, where are you?" Hector stepped inside Amelia's bedroom.

We hurried out of the bathroom. He wore a three piece suit again. My eyes always went to his golden signet ring. How many people have kissed it was a fucking mystery to me.

"What were you doing?" He questioned.

"I showed Elena my new lipglosses." Amelia grinned.

She's been doing that while telling me about the gates of hell. So she wasn't lying exactly. Hector nodded and mentioned for us to come closer.

"I came to get you so that I can announce something to the family." He explained.

He placed his hand on our shoulders and took us to the living room. Ariana sat next to Theo and she looked healthier. In the first days after the Christmas party, she didn't even want to eat, so she lost weight. But she was gaining it back slowly.

Mostly because Hector encouraged her to go to therapy.

He was literally the biggest advocate of mental health.

Except for himself, of course. He really needed to get his workaholic tendencies checked out.

Leonardo was leaning against the wall and he looked like he was ready to kill. I don't know what his ordeal was but he looked pissed as hell.

I sat down next to Dahlia who was snacking on cookies. So of course I sat down next to her.

"Wise choice, my young child." She winked.

I smirked and pushed a cookie in my mouth.

Ariana really made the best red velvet cookies.

They were moist and crunchy.

"There is something that I need to announce." Hector clapped his hands together.

I noticed Leonardo rolling his eyes.

"Nicolas will be the new Capo of Nevada."

My jaw dropped. I hadn't even thought about the fact that Nevada needed a new Capo. I most certainly didn't expect Nicolas to get chosen.

"So you'll move to Las Vegas?" Amelia asked Nicolas.

He'd adapted that same emotionless face as Hector. I've gotten used to it by now.

"Yes." Nicolas nodded.

He's moving out? I remember how much I sobbed at the thought of Theo moving out. So I wasn't surprised when tears filled my eyes.