Nightmares pt. 1

Jacobs POV:

I remember my grandfather calling me, calling me saying where a key was? Was that it? I'm not sure.
I was now standing in the woods facing a man, a man who claims to be my grandfather yet doesn't recognize me.
   "It's me, Jacob!" I tried to tell him, but it sounded like my head was underwater. Everything was muffled and he couldn't understand me.
   "It's me!" I shouted yet it only came out as a small yelp.
   "Stop, get away from me! You wight!" My grandad shouted.
   What? A wight?
  "No, it's me." I respond to which he still couldn't hear.
   I tried again but it was drowned out by the blood curdling shriek my grandad did as he fell to the ground, bitten by a hollowgast.

I woke up to a shriek. I was disoriented at first and wasn't sure who it came from...till I saw that it was me.
  I gasp for air as the drowning feeling slowly faded away and my nerves -somewhat- died down.
   Right when I calmed downed I heard my name in the dark room.

"Mr. Portman? Are you alright?"

Miss Peregrine.
Was I really that loud?

I tried to say something but failed. My throat was sore from the screaming.

"Jacob?" She speaks as she walks over to the side of the guest bed.

I sit up and try to speak but all that could come out was a soft spoken:

"Miss Peregrine?"

Through the light that was shining from her candle she was carrying, she seemed relieved when I finally said something.
  She sat the candle down and walked over to my bed. She then sat on the side and knelt down towards me, bringing me in to a hug.

"You worried me, Jacob," she whispered.

A few seconds later she got up and left. I thought she left for good and was about to lay down, when I seen her return with a glass of water.

"Here," she says as I take the cup.

A few minutes later of silence, Miss Peregrine finally said something.

"What was that about?" She says gently, clearly still a bit concerned.

Sure she knew about my nightmares about my granfather and the hollowgasts but this was clearly new for her to witness one.

"It was nothing, I'm fine." I whisper.

She seemed disbelieving, but let me off the hook.

"We can talk more tomorrow." She whispered with a small smile, squeezes my shoulder, and then left.

I let out the breath I didn't know J was holding.

By the birds, that was embarrassing.

Shortly then before I knew it I was fast asleep, finally able to sleep well without nightmares stalking me.