You Can Tell Me.

TW: Abuse, self harm
~~~~~~~~~

"Miss Peregrine? " I stand outside the door of the home of peculiars waiting for Miss P to open the door.

A few moments later and the door knob turns, opening the door to Hugh.

"Oh, hello y/n! " Hugh says, excited to see me. "You haven't been here in a while, we thought you weren't coming back. "

"Sorry, lots of things going on at the moment and I never had the time. " I say with a guilty smile as he smiles back.

"I'm guessing you need to see Miss P? " He asks in which I nod. "I can go get her. "

"Thanks Hugh! " I say in which he smiles as he leaves to get Miss P.

I stand by the door way listening to the birds outside as I wait for them to come back. Before I knew it, Miss Peregrine was there in front of me.

"Oh, y/n! What a pleasure to see you. I thought I would have to deal with the police again. " She says and then sends a little glare off to the side pointing towards Hugh and Millard.

"What? " Millard says and Miss P rolls her eyes before looking back at me.

"On other words, I am so happy you were able to join us. Come inside. " She says with a smile and I thank her as I walk in.

I wait in the living room on a chair for Miss P to come back who was at the moment out in the kitchen making tea.

"How has things at your time been doing, y/n? " Miss P asks, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, they have been, " I pause for a moment accidently receiving a glance from Miss Peregrine. "Things have been good! "

I smother my mistake with a smile which she seems to somewhat believe. I think.

Miss Peregrine gently carries the two cups of tea with her as she makes her way to the living space. She hands me mine and sits beside me on the opposite chair.

After a few moments of silence, Miss Peregrine clears her throat and looks over at me.

"Everything all right? " She says which throws me off for a minute.

"Of course. " I say. "Why? "

"You don't look alright. " She says with a worried smile which then turns serious when she spots something on me.

Oh shit.
I forgot to cover up that bruise from the other day.

She must have noticed.

"What happened? " She says, her eyes showing concern yet anger.

Was she angry at me?

"What? " I play dumb.

"Y/n, you know what I'm talking about." She says as she gets up. She then walks over to me and kneels in front of me. She gently takes my hand and by instinct I look away off to the side.

"Please talk to me. You can tell me." Miss Peregrine says, her eyes showing concern that seems to be rising.

"I think you already know. " I say in a whisper as Hugh walks into the kitchen.

Miss Peregrine was about to respond, but doesn't when she sees who I'm staring at.

"Bad timing? " He says and Miss Peregrine glares. "I will take that as a yes. "

He quickly walks out of the kitchen and I laugh a little. He's a dork.

"It was him. " Miss Peregrine says more so to herself, her eyes showing anger. "What did he do to you? Is this why you weren't able to visit? "

"I don't know if I should-"

"Please, y/n."

I couldn't stand the worry in her eyes, it broke my heart into a million pieces.

"I-I told him I was going to my friends house, which really meant I was going to come here. He was getting angry about me visiting thinking I was delusional so-" I didn't know I had tears running down until I was cut off by a quiet sob.

Miss Peregrine leans in and hugs me as I try to continue.

"It's alright, take your time. " She whispers.

"He was upset and told me that I should just be taken away. He told me he talked to my mom and they both agreed that since that can't get rid of me, they can make it seem like I'm not there instead. I guess he was so caught up in yelling at me that things got worse. " I take in a shaky breath and Miss Peregrine tightens her hug. "He attacked me. "

Miss Peregrines eyes widen and she moves her hands to the side of my face looking me in the eyes.

"I promise that you will forever be safe here and there is no way that he will ever be able to lay a finger on you ever again." She says and she hugs me tighter than before as I bury my face into her chest and sob.

"I'm sorry. " I say and her other hand moves up to rub my back.

"Don't be. " She says gently, but at the end turns into anger. "There's only going to be a certain someone who will be. "

*Casually writing this while hanging out with my mom*