Other Side

A Miss Bunting and Miss Avocet one shot suggested by alma_is_hot
____________

Today was the day. The day Miss Bunting was not exactly looking forward to.

Shortly after Jacob and Miss Peregrines wards defeated Carl, Miss Avocet sadly passed.

Everyone was devastated, especially Miss Bunting.

Miss Bunting and Miss Avocet have been together for so long, but soon Esmerelda was hanging on by a thread. That never stopped her though. She kept being herself.

Miss Bunting was preparing herself, mentally and physically, for the day.

"You can do this, Diana." She whispers to herself. "She would want you there."

She puts up her hair and makes her way down the garden. She was staying at Miss Avocet's home before she passed.

She spotted Addison on the way down, his paws thumping against the ground. Everything seemed silent.

Although everything normally does when someone passes. Your mind is so fixated in dread and doubt that everything else around you seems silent. The world seems dead.

Or course this is part of the grieving process though.

Diana makes her way down the cement trail near the gravestone that marked Miss Avocet.

A tear slowly runs down her cheek as she lowers down on her knees and kneels to brush her finger acrossed it, ridding it off dirt.

"I am so sorry, Esmerelda." Her voice trembles as more tears roll down. Suddenly though there was a change in the atmosphere.

She felt a strange warmth around her that was almost comforting. It was like a hug.

She could've sworn she heard her name but merely thought she was hallucinating. That is till she heard it again.

"Diana, please don't cry." A gentle voice whispers. It sounded so familiar.

"I will always be right here, on the other side."

She knew that she heard it somewhere and she was right. The voice was none other than Esmerelda. Esmerelda Avocet. Her love. Her life.