I will rescue you

*lol title is based off a Christian song and I didn't realize it till now*
Reader is 19
~~~~~~~~~

"Y/n, look at me!" Your father yells and you make eye contact with him. Your anxiety was twisting through you so much you thought you were about to get sick, or worse pass out. I was sick of the fighting in my house. I just want to leave. I turn away from his gaze, yanking my arm out from his hand and running out the door. I don't know where I'm going, but anything better than being there. I run pass the houses that surround our house, thankfully he wasn't following me. My breathing kept hitching as tears ran down my face and I clenched my jaw so tight that it hurt as I run down this one corner and lean against the wall of a local pub. I prayed that no one would find me as I just wanted to be alone. I sink down to the ground as I bury my head in my hands, trying to regain myself. The footsteps coming near me weren't heard until I heard a soft voice that was exactly like a mother's.

"Dear, are you alright?" She asks gently and I look up to face her blue eyes meeting my tear filled ones. I clench my jaw and shake my head as she slowly kneels down in front of me. Her navy blue coat seemed to brighten a little from the street lamp as she looked me over. "It's not a good idea being out this late, do you know where your home is?" She asks and I feel panic rise in me again.

"No, I can't go home." I say quickly and she gives me a sympathetic look. "I can't."

"I understand." She says and I give her a confused glance. "It's a very long story and I don't think it's best to speak of it right now." She smiles a little and I can't help but give her one as well. Whether it was her voice or her in general, she calmed my anxiety almost immediately. She was comforting to be around.

"If you don't mind me asking, are you from around here?" I ask curious as to how she found me and understood the situation.

"Sort of but sort of not." She says and I give her a curious look. "My name is Alma LeFay Peregrine, you may call me Miss Peregrine." She says and I half thought she would hold her hand out for me to shake but instead held her arms out. I smile as I we both stand and I fall into her arms, a vanilla smell drifting off of her. When the hug ends I smile up at her.

"Y/n, y/n y/l/n." I reply.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss y/l/n." She says. She's just a stranger I met, but only a few seconds in and I already want her to stay. "I am the owner of a loop where I take in peculiars. After close watch, I think you are peculiar as well." After a few moments of silence mixed with confusion she spoke again. "Do you know what peculiar means?" She asks and I nod.

"I do, it's just that I haven't really thought of myself being peculiar." I say and she smiles in understanding.

"No one really does, but that's the part where being in the loop may help. To have you embrace it and learn how to use it. I can always explain more afterwords." She says and she seems to beckon me to follow. At first I stayed back. She is a stranger but a part of me believes her and just wants an escape from home. I follow her as we make our way to the loop.
~~~~~~~~

Next chapter will have some angst so stay tuned👀

***next chapter does not go along with this