She's my mother.

As promised in the last chapter, have a badass y/n protecting Alma who she sees as her mother💅
~~~~~~~~~

"Do you promise you'll stay safe?" I ask a few days after Miss Peregrine rescued me. "Forever? You'll always be here?"

She looks down at me and smiles as she takes my hand.

"I will always be here for you, y/n." She says as she rubs the palm of my hand. "Nothing in the world will ever take me away from you."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No. No!

I stand in front of Miss Peregrine as  Mr. Barron walks through the door. As I make my way in front of her, she places her hands on my shoulders and tries to move me behind her, but I won't allow it. She's my mother. She protected me and now it's time I do the same.

"Now who's this one?" He points towards me. "She looks to be the oldest."

He was right about that. I was the one who helped look over the younger ones when Miss P found them. Because of basically growing up with her since I was 10, I've grown to be a bit protective about her.
((She still grows like we do since it helps make the story better lmao))
"Don't talk to me." I sneer. "Don't talk to any of us ever."

"Y/n, please-" Miss Peregrine tries to say but Mr. Barron starts.

"I love your attitude." He says and lowers himself down to my level as I stand my ground in front of Miss P. "If only the others were like you, then that would be a big help for me." He stands and hovers above me, peering down.

"Even if they were, we would never want to help you." I say and I feel Miss P tug me back a little when he starts forward.

"You're one to talk, hmm?" Mr. Barron walks over to me and places his finger under my chin, lifting my head up. I feel Miss Peregrines grip tighten as he does. "But too bad you aren't useful. I hope you don't mind if I take your headmistress instead. Not that you would care much." The last comment sent off a flame inside me that I never thought I had.

"Wouldn't care much?! Of course I would care!" I went to go up and attack him on the spot but Miss Peregrine held me back as I tried to move forward. "I would care! The way you talk about her is not true! Imagine being left by your own parents to the side of the road to die for your own good with no one there to take care of you! Then when someone does come along they actually treat you like you matter! Like you weren't some piece of rubbish on the side of the road that no one would ever care about! Actually being able to be raised by someone that treats you better than your own mother! So she's not just some 'headmistress' she is my mother!" My struggling died down near the end and I let out some angry sons as I tried again to get out of her grip but when it failed I fell to the ground while Miss P kneeled beside me.

"Well, I never asked for your whole backstory." He says as if nothing happened and that this was just an everyday thing. "Not that I really care."

"You never do." I say. "It doesn't matter what it is. The only thing that matters to you is your stupid hunger for power."

A slap to the face. Miss Peregrine stood up in front of me and for some reason the pain didn't even affect me. It was what he was doing to her.

"Get in the cage or else worse will happen." He points toward a bird cage near the door. Knowing her she would say yes and I could not allow that to happen.