Baby tooth

Miss Peregrine's POV
~~~~~~~

I was busy working over by the sink while the children played outside. Hugh came in eventually wondering where y/n was.

"Where's y/n?" He asks as I dry the last dish. "I thought she was with you."

"I haven't seen her." I say confused to where she would be. "Did you check everywhere outside?"

He nods.

"And the garden?" I ask in which he nods again. "Hmm. I'll have to check around the house. Keep an eye out for the others." I say and he goes to walk out the door but stopped in his tracks when he hears a scream. I tense up startled but tell Hugh to go outside with the others.

I make my way up the steps quickly and rip open y/n's door to find her in her bathroom. I quickly go over to her to find her standing by the sink with a napkin covering her mouth. It had blood stains all over it.

I rush over to her and quickly but gently move the napkin off to inspect what happened.

"Honey, what happened?" I say trying not to make it obvious that I'm worried.

Through her tears she finally gave me an answer.

"I was going to go downstairs when I tripped and it knocked my tooth out." She says, her voice wobbly but she seems to be calming down.

"Can I see it?" I say and when she avoids my touch I try asking again. "I need to make sure it was just a baby tooth." I say and eventually she let's me. I look around and thankfully it wasn't her adult tooth. I give her a small smile and give her a hug in which she returns. "You'll be okay. I checked and everything seems to be alright."

She nods and gives me another hug as I stand.

"Would you like to help me with something?" I ask, hoping it would take her mind off of it. She looks up at me and nods. "I was planning on finishing supper for the others and afterwards if you could help me bake some cookies afterwards." I smile as I see her let out a small smile.

"Yes, I would love to help!" She says eagerly. I kneel down to her and smile.

"Well then, we have approximately 11 minutes and 4 seconds before we call the others in so let's get started!" I say as I pick her up and head down to the kitchen.

~~~~~~~~~~