Take my Hand

**song by Elvis Presley
~~~~~~~~

I hold out my hands as Alma takes them, the warmth radiating off of them. I smile as she does and we slowly dance in the living room.

Wise men say,
Only fools
Rush
In.
But I
Can't
Help
Falling in love with you.

I lay my head in the crook of her neck as the vanilla smell from her pipe drafts off her, making me feel instantly at peace.

Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin,
If I
Can't
Help
Falling in love with you.

Her hands move from my hands to my waist as she pulls me closer than I thought we even could get. She props her head on top of mine as I can sense her smile.

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things
Are
Meant to be.

I feel her gaze on me and suddenly pull me back for a moment, taking my hands again and giving me a small spin that I laugh gently at.

Take my hand,
Take my whole
Life
Too.
For I
Can't
Help
Falling in love with you.

She gently leans in to give me a small peck on my lips but I deepen it, leaning in a bit further, both of our mouths forming a smile against the kiss.

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things
Are
Meant to be.

Her lips move away from mine as she leans my forehead against mine, casting me a small smile that I return.

Take my hand
Take my whole life too
For I
Can't
Help
Falling in love with you.
For I
Can't
Help
Falling in love with you.

She suddenly at the end of the song, dips me down, her hand on my back, the other in my hand. I laugh at the sudden movement and she smirks.

"I love your laugh." She says gently and I give her a soft smile before she plants her lips against mine again.
~~~~~~~~~~~