They're Just Bullies

Y/n lived in the present world, but frequently visited Miss Peregrine and the others.

She mainly has stayed in the present to finish the 8th grade. After that, she thinks she has had enough!

She didn't want to deal with even this year, but her father wouldn't have it. He said she is welcome to go to her what he calls "fantasy land" when she finished middle school.

That was good enough for y/n though.

Anything was better than dealing with him on top of kids at school.

Y/n was busy putting her books into her bag, when her friend shows up. At least she thought she was her friend.

"Hey y/n, what are you doing?" She asks.

"Just packing up. Want to stop by at my house later?"

"No. Me and the girls think that we just have enough of you."

(This is exactly what my friend told me)

"Oh." That was all y/n could say.

"I mean, don't feel bad. Your doing us a favor really for making us avoid you. We are better off without some rich snob like you."

Y/n couldn't help but scoff.

"Look in the mirror."

"Excuse me?" She says, anger laced in her voice.

"You heard me. Now if you want to avoid me so bad then why are you still here?"

She stomps off with her friends but not before adding:

"I get why your father treats you like that."

That stung y/n like a wasp nest. Nobody has ever went that far, let alone her best friend.

The walk home was full of quiet and y/n fighting back self pity.

You deserve it, quit feeling bad about yourself and lets just focus on getting home.

Y/n walks into the door to find that they are home alone.

I could go...

Y/n looks out the door and starts running. They run till they are met with the cave that leads into the loop.

They walk into the loop and before they knew it, they were facing the peculiar home.

Out of breath, they run up to the door till they finally realized how late in the afternoon it was. They would be having supper at the moment.

Y/n felt bad for knocking, but it was the whole reason they came.

After a few minutes of no answer, y/n turned to start leaving.

Then they heard the door knob and saw the cast of candlelight slowly flooding out.

"Y/n? Is that you?" Miss Peregrine asks.

You turn to find her standing in the doorway, confused.

"Come inside dear before you catch a cold!" She says and hurries you inside.

When she shuts the door, you just go stiff. The realization of what happened hit you harder than the moment it first happened.

You felt a hand on your shoulder as she kneels down in front of you.

"The children are in the dining room at the moment if you would like to join them." She notices you were hyperfocused on apparently nothing and seemed to grow concerned.

"Y/n? Are you alright, dear?" She gently brushes your cheek and suddenly you break down.

She pulls you into her chest and gives you a hug.

"I am so sorry, y/n." She says and rubs the back of your head.

"It's okay." You say and quickly get up and recover quickly, trying not to cause her to feel bad. Your voice trembles but you contain yourself. "I'm fine."

"No your not." She says and hugs you again. "I know for a fact, your not."