Overprotective

Y/n was busy doing the dishes while waiting for someone important.

She has been visiting Miss Peregrine and wards for a while now but still has a life outside the loop.

She was busying herself around the house while waiting to leave to go on a very special date with someone.

Miss Peregrine didn't know so she had to tell her before she left the loop. After all she should be allowed to know.

It was about 20 minutes before she had to leave and she decided to take this time to discuss it over with Miss Peregrine.

Y/n shortly found her in the living room, messing with the book shelf.

"Hey!"

Miss P looks over and smiles when she sees you.

"Hello, y/n." She senses your excitement. "What's got you so excited?"

"I was just about to discuss that with you." She says and Miss P walks over to her. "I have a special thing going on tonight."

Miss P cocks her head to the side a bit.

"More context please?" She asks. "That way I know where you are in case anything happens."

"Miss Peregrine, I'm 21. I am sure I will be fine." Her smile shifts a bit but doesn't make it noticeable. "I'm going on a date tonight."

Her smile immediately disappears.

"Pardon?" She asks, trying to process what y/n said.

"I am going on a date with someone very special." She says but quickly adds on. "If that is alright with you."

Miss Peregrines mind went blank. She didn't know what to say.

"I don't know." Miss P says quietly. "I'm not sure if I can trust this person just yet. They could do anything to you and I wouldn't even know. I don't want you getting hurt."

"Miss P, I will be okay. If anything happens I will come straight back." She says with a small smile.

Miss P sighs in deep thought.

"I don't know." She says and seems to think more about it before continuing. "Alright, but please stay safe and if they do anything to you come back right away and I will deal with them."

"Will do." She says with a nod. "Thank you."

She walks out leaving Miss Peregrine to herself and her worrying thoughts.

She will be fine.

_______________ (5 years later)

Today was y/n's wedding. It came so fast she couldn't even process it!

After they went on a few dates they have decided to take it to the next level and he proposed.

Miss Peregrine was alright with the dating but it took a while for her to accept the proposal.

When she finally did though we scheduled the wedding for Valentines Day.

One thing that surprised then both was that he also turned out to be peculiar, so he was able to travel and meet Miss P. Of course, he thought she was crazy for making him do something he thought was unreal. Well, she hated to say she told him so.

She and her fiancé decided to have the wedding in the loop so that Miss Peregrine and her wards could attend. Also for some very personal reasons as well.

As Emma and Bronwyn were getting her ready Miss Peregrine came in.

She walked over and sat down beside y/n after dismissing Emma and Bronwyn.

"Y/n, I am so happy for you, but you have to promise me one thing." She says and y/n nods. "Please stay safe."

"I promise." She says with a genuine smile.

"I only have one question though." Miss Peregrine says. "Why did you want us to attend?" She quickly adds on when she sees your startled expression. "Not that it was a bad choice! I am honored you decided to have it here, I am just merely wondering why."

"Well, I thought it would be great if you could attend. After all, you allowed me to have all this happen and you trusted both me and him which means a lot." She says. "Which brings me to this. I was wondering since normally either your mom or dad walks you up and since me and you both know that I don't have any parents," she cuts herself off with a watery laugh. "I was hoping you would walk me up the aisle."

Miss Peregrine was surprised. She looks at y/n for a second and remembers the little girl she used to be and now is all grown up. She scoops her up into a bear hug.

"Of course I would y/n. I love you so much."

Thought I would do this since Valentines Day is coming up! For all you people out there that don't have a valentine, I feel ya✋️