You promised me.

Idea from NumberOneMilfSimp
~~~~~~~~~~

It was just another day in the loop. The children were upstairs doing some of the chores while Alma and I were downstairs working in the kitchen. I was doing the dishes while she was buying herself with cleaning the table. When I was finishing the last dish, I notice someone outside.

"Is everyone inside?" I ask her confused and she gives me a curious look.

"Yes, why?" I look back towards the window and her gaze follows mine. Her eyes narrow and I could sense a small bit of fear radiating off her. "Barron." She says her voice low as she quickly goes to stop him from coming in but it was too late. He already walked through the door and she stopped short when she saw him, holding a knife up towards Jacob. I stood beside her immediately as we stood in front of the staircase where the children started gathering from the sudden commotion.

"Children, come down here." He says and Alma points her finger at his as her voice was firm.

"No one tells my children what to do." She says firmly and when he tries again she shushes him, gaining a half surprised glance from him. "Let him go, Barron."

"I'm afraid I can't do that." He says with a sly smile as he looks towards her. "But I could for one little favor." His look goes towards the birdcage and I can tell Miss Peregrine seems to let the fear fall into her face, but only for a quick moment.

"She is not leaving." I warn and he laughs.

"I'm afraid she has to, dear." He says sweetly. "Or else he will die."

"Do not call her that." Alma says firmly and he smiles.

"I see what's going on here." He says and takes a step forward towards me. "The Ymbryne found her little soulmate. How lovely. Are you a Ymbryne as well?" He asks and I can see Alma send me a look that says not to tell him.

"No." I say and he frowns.

"Well, then I guess you're no help. Just another bump in my plan." He says and the knife plunges into the wall beside me when he let's go of Jacob. I try to hold back the fear that envelopes in me. "Tell me the truth or else." He warns. When I don't answer he grabs the knife and goes again but I duck out of there and run to the kitchen, digging a kitchen knife out of the drawer and pointing it towards him when he just reaches me.

"You're a smart one, aren't you?" I glance over and see Alma about to come towards me, but I send her a look not to. I don't want her getting hurt. She holds back even though I know how much she wants to be near me. I look back towards Barron with a death glare.

"Get out." I say firmly and he backs up out of the kitchen, our knives still pointing towards each other. He makes his way back to the doorway and seems to leave.

"This was a nice reunion." He says. "Too bad it has to end so soon." Suddenly he goes towards Alma but I step in front the knife accidently going in his throat. At first relief fills me when he drops down but then I look down to my stomach to find a red patch that kept getting bigger. I fall onto my knees as blood came out of the puncture in my stomach and Alma told the children to go to their rooms. They don't need to see this. It's bad enough they even saw what happened. They eventually listened and it was just me and Alma. I fell against her as she gently placed me head in her lap, tears running down her face as I slowly reached up to wipe one away.

"I can fix this, just hang on." She says as sobs take over her and she takes my hand that I lifted up and presses it against her cheek.

"You can't." I say gently

"Yes I can, just hang on y/n!" She says half frustrated but it dissolved back into pain at the sight.

"Fay, look at me." I say quietly, the pain in my stomach making it harder to focus and talk. Her blue eyes meet mine that were turning red from crying and a few tears brim my own. "I'll be okay, trust me. Being with you has made me so much happier than I used to be. Every thought of you and the children makes me so thankful I got to spend all these years with you." My breath hitches near the end as I feel my breathing getting shallow.

"No, don't say that. You're going to be okay. You're going to still be here." She cries and I give her a small smile.

"You will be okay, Fay. I promise." I say gently and she shakes her head as she let's out an angry sob.

"I already lost Victor and I can't bear to lose you too." She says her voice strained.

"You won't lose me." I say gently as a small tear runs down the side of my face. "I will forever be with you, bluebird." I take one last breath as my eyes start to close and my hand that was raised starts to go weak and fall.

"Y/n, love, no please. Stay with me, please!" She half yells through her sobs and suddenly the room went black.
~~~~~~~~
😭👍