Talk to me

In this y/n story, you have known the peculiars for a while now and recently someone specific finds out about your past.

((TW: Trauma/abuse))
--------------

As y/n sat out in the garden with Claire, Miss Peregrine calls you all in for dinner.

Y/n hasn't been living with the peculiars despite offer, but something happened last night that made you rethink that decision.

Y/n father was not a really good man. He was really abusive. Especially to you and your mother.

Last night was really bad since you talked back.

Your such an idiot, why did you have to mouth back like that?

Y/n thought.

Miss Peregrine walked up to you, snapping you out of your thoughts.

"Dear, are you alright?" She asks, clearly concerned about something.

"Hmm? Oh yeah, I'm fine." You say, reappearing from your thoughts.

She seemed to not believe you.

"Alright, well dinner is done. You should come in." She gently says.

"I'm not very hungry at the moment."

Your anxiety about going home was making you nauseous and you didn't have an appetite.

"Y/n, you need to eat something for the journey home." She replys, growing more concerned.

You resist the urge to flinch at the home part.

It feels like no home to me...

Miss Peregrine sighs and holds out her hand for you to take.

When she does this though, you mistake it for something else and flinch, worse than you would have the first time.

Miss Peregrine stops abruptly and kneels down to you.

"Hun, whats wrong?" Concern smothering her voice.

"I'm fine," you begin and your voice cracks at the end of the second, "I'm fine."

"Maybe we should get you home." She says which causes your breathing to hitch and escalate.

Miss Peregrine again looks at you worried.

Without a word she helps pick you up and carrys you back to the home for peculiars.

You slightly wrap your arms around her neck, giving a slight hug. Almost like she was your anchor.

She tells the children to continue eating when they see her enter with y/n.

Miss Peregrine heads up the staircase and into the hallway to the front of...her room?

Miss Peregrine sat you down on her bed and went to the doorway of the bathroom.

You sat there trying to catch your breath, holding back the tears that threatend to run.

Miss P then returned with a glass of water and handed it to you.

Your hands shook as you went to take the cup.

After you took it, all you did was stare at it. You didn't know what else to do.

"Drink it," Miss Peregrine said softly but firm. "It will help."

You tilted the cup up to take a sip causing your breath to hitch and choke on it.

After your coughing fit is over, you saw that the cup was not in your hands. Miss Peregrine was holding it.

"Are you okay?" She says.