• 30 : Tele-pathetic •

At lunch, the girls managed to get seated before the guys got here. When Emery shared that Adam and Lucas would be joining us today, Phoebe just about peed herself with excitement.

"Did you just say Lucas Hart is sitting with us too?" Phoebe squealed. Emery and I nodded. "Thank you God," she whispered earnestly, making the table laugh in response.

"I've never met him," I said. She flipped her dirty-blonde hair over her shoulder.

"He's actually beautiful. When you do, you're going to die," she gushed. Talia and Brenna shook their heads at their friend's dramatics, but were chuckling too.

"Save him a space then," Emery said with a wink.

When the boys arrived, Mason slid in beside me and kissed my cheek. I was sure that my cheeks turned crimson, but I smiled at him anyway.

Everyone – excluding Emery and Adam, who was now sliding in beside her – looked at us with shocked expressions.

"Are you finally official?" Tristan asked with a wide grin.

"Yes we are," Mason said, shifting a little closer to me. I blushed deeper, but couldn't wipe the grin off of my face.

"Took you long enough," Bailey piped up, making me laugh. He usually wasn't as outspoken as Tristan, but it was funny whenever he added his two cents.

"You finally saw the light!" Phoebe added enthusiastically.

"Yeah, I thought you two would never wake up and realize you like each other." Talia grinned. Brenna nodded in agreement.

"When did this happen?" Brenna asked, leaning in.

"Last week on Thursday," I smiled, looking at the table shyly. "So, um Adam, Lucas, we haven't formally introduced you to the group!" I added, trying to get the attention off of myself. Emery grinned and took it from there. I pulled my sandwich out of my backpack and began to eat quietly.

Quietly, I observed everyone around me. Phoebe was chatting up Lucas, and Emery was talking to Adam. Talia and Brenna are in a heated discussion with Tristan, Bailey and Mason, but once in a while Mason and Emery glanced over at me.

A finger poked my ribs and I jumped slightly in surprise. I faced Emery accusingly.

"You spaced out," she grinned. I smiled at her sheepishly.

"Whoopsie," I replied. She gave me a look, silently asking if I was okay, and I nodded. She smiled, eyeing me one last time before she turned back to Adam.

"I find it incredibly cool and weird that you two can communicate without even speaking," Tristan said, making us all laugh.

"I guess we're telepathic," I joked.

"More like tele-pathetic!" Tiffany's voice poised up from behind me.

"Ooh, good one," I said sarcastically. I turned to face her. "I really don't understand why you're always hanging around us if I'm so lame."

"If it's any of your business, I was wondering what Lucas Hart was doing with a loser like you," she sniffed.

"Hiding from you," Emery chimed in. Tiffany rolled her eyes at her.

"Well, whatever. Most people would be lucky to be seen with someone like me," she said, flipping her hair and walking off.

"That's because most people like seeming more intelligent than they are." I muttered. Mason and Emery burst out laughing, being the only ones that heard me. The rest of the table looked at us in confusion but we simply shrugged and grinned.

***

After school, Mason was waiting for me at my locker. As I saw him, my heart rate picked up and a small smile began to form on my face. He glanced in my direction and noticed me walking towards him. Immediately he flashed me a bright smile.

"Hey," I said shyly, leaning on my locker. Mason's smile widened.

"Hey," he repeated. I opened my locker and exchanged the necessary books. "So, I was thinking... Maybe we could go out this Friday night?"

I faced him and nodded excitedly. "I'd like that," I said wholeheartedly as I slammed my locker shut. Mason grinned and pulled me closer, making my face feel hotter.

"Great. Then it's a date," Mason replied. He leaned down and his lips brushed mine softly; a whisper of a kiss that made my stomach do little backflips. He leaned back and looked down at me, excitement in his eyes and a smile on his lips. It was the kind of smile that turned those little backflips into bigger ones.

I slung my backpack over my shoulder and took his hand in mine.

"It's a date," I repeated as we walked towards the doors.

***

The next night, I snuck into Mason's room around 2:30 in the morning. He wasn't sleeping either, so when I tapped lightly on his door, he was at it in seconds.We ended up lying on his bed, holding hands and talking quietly. After a while, Mason turned to me and sat up a little.

"Charlie, for our date...," he looked nervous and I bit my lip, wondering what he might say. For a moment, I was scared he'd suddenly changed his mind. "Is it okay if we go a little into the city?" My heart sped up a little at the mention, but there really wasn't much to do around here. "It's just that I was looking at places to go in the area and nothing seemed right or special enough for a first date and I found this restaurant that seems perfect but I promise it's in a nice area so we won't see those low-lives and I–"

I leaned over and gave him a little kiss on his lips softly, cutting off his nervous rambling. Mason looked at me with a small and surprised smile.

"Maybe I should ramble more often," Mason smirked.

"Maybe you should," I teased. "But, I'm sure it'll be okay..." I added seriously. "What should I wear?"

"Maybe something on the fancier side – but whatever you're comfortable in of course," Mason said with another smile.

"Sounds good," I said with a shy smile. I already knew I'd have to consult with Emery as to what would look best, but I was excited. Mason grinned and wrapped his arms around me, making me feel safe and warm as he pulled me onto his chest.

_______

Author's Note: Yay! New chapter! Are you looking forward to Charlie and Mason's date? What do you think will happen next? Hopefully I'll have a new chapter for you soon!