• 17: The Luna •

The rest of the school day was uneventful, despite me being on edge in case Tiffany and her friends pulled something.

When Mason and I got home, I went up to my room immediately to do homework. Luckily, there wasn't too much to get done, and I was able to quickly finish before turning my attention to my guitar. I sat on the floor with my back against the bed and began strumming as my fingers on my left hand pressed the strings.

After a few moments, a knock on my door startled me. I paused my strumming.

"Come in!" I called. The door swung open and Mason stood there with a wide grin on his face.

"Grab a coat and some shoes! We're going out!" he exclaimed. I looked at him curiously.

"Where?" I asked. I couldn't deny the fact that my heart was racing at the sight of a genuine smile on his face.

"It's a surprise!" Mason replied, bouncing on his toes like a little kid. "Are you going to come?" I got up and grabbed my leather jacket.

"Alright, let's go," I said, a smile stretching across my lips. I didn't think it was possible, but somehow Mason's grin widened as we walked towards the stairs.

***

As Mason drove, I noticed we were heading towards downtown Vancouver. I usually tried to avoid the city and felt uneasy.

"Are we actually going into the city?" I asked anxiously. I stole a glance at Mason as I spoke. As he glanced back at me I quickly looked back to the road.

"We'll be right outside of it, why?" he responded.

"I–uh... no reason," I replied hastily. Out of the corner of my eye I saw his brow furrow, but he didn't press the topic any further as we drove.

We soon pulled up to a white building with purple tinted windows. There's a large sign at the front entrance with huge planets and the words "The Luna" written across them in white. I looked over at Mason.

"Is it a restaurant?" I asked. He smiled mischievously.

"You could say that," Mason chuckled. The curiosity inside me bubbled and I started opening the door. Mason locked it and laughed. "Slow down there, Ginger," he teased. I smacked his arm and laughed.

"Okay, then be a gentleman and get my door for me," I teased. Mason laughed and turned off the car before getting out. He shut his door before walking over to mine and opening. "Wow, thanks Green Eyes," I smiled, pretending to be shocked.

"You're welcome," he chuckled. I stepped out of the car and shut the door behind me. Mason locked the car and we walked into the building.

As I saw the inside of the place I was mind blown. It looked like a grown up Chuck E. Cheese. There was a corner with arcade games like skee-ball, whack-a-mole and air hockey. Near it was a counter to redeem tickets for prizes. There was also a huge dance floor in the middle. Around the dance floor were tables for eating that were being waited on. The whole place was space themed – dark interior, with shimmering stars and sparkling floors.

"Mason! This is fantastic!" I squealed excitedly, forgetting myself for a moment.

"I know," he grinned. "It opened last night."

"How'd you hear about it?" I asked. Mason shrugged.

"Tristan's uncle owns the place," he said nonchalantly. "Now, are we just going to stand here, or am I going to beat you in skee-ball?"

"Are you going to what?" I laughed. "No, no, no... I think I'll be doing all the beating here!" I said turning towards the arcade area.

***