Court

29th November 1997

It's the day of Tina's court sentencing and Brian, Anita and Alyssia are being escorted to the court by DCI Brookes.

Despite trying their best to get Alyssia out of being there, Brian and Anita had no choice but to listen to Brookes' order. Alyssia has to be present, John and Roger are also attending.

"Please raise," A man orders and everyone stands, the judge comes in and they all retake their seats.

"Bring in the accused," The Judge commends.

A police officer leads Tina up to the criminal box. She looks rough, Brian noticed and very weepy, "Tina Jacobs, you are here for the abduction of Alyssia Ivy May. How do you plea?"

There's a tense pause waiting for her to answer, there's nothing to stop her from changing her plea and dragging this process out, "Guilty," Tina admits eyes focused on Alyssia and no one else, her eyes red and teary.

If it wasn't for what she'd done to Alyssia and her family, Anita would feel sorry for her, she understands the pain of losing a child even if it's not in the exact same way.

The Judge nods and turns to DCI Brookes, "DCI Brookes go ahead a state your case."

Brookes steps up to the witness box, "On the 6th of February 1991, Alyssia May was abducted from a hotel on the east side of London where she was staying with her parents. Tina entered the hotel, stole the key to Mr May and Miss Dobson's room and entered their room without permission. She precessed to lift 1-year-old Alyssia out of her cot and escaped off the balcony."

"During an interview with Miss Jacobs a few days ago, she admitted that she injected a sleeping sedative into Alyssia arm to knock her out but it also contained an amnesia drug which is what aided Alyssia in forgetting about her parents. She also used the amnesia drug a few times in the first few weeks of Alyssia living with her."

That's new information to Brian and Anita and it has their blood boiling but they restrain themselves from saying anything. "After grabbing her bag from a nearby bush, she processed to flee the hotel grounds taking the tube to Heathrow Airport. She used a fake passport and visa to get both of them on a plane to JFK airport."

"Arriving at JFK airport, they got in a taxi and headed into Manhattan, New York where Miss Jacobs had already rented a flat. Miss Jacobs lived there with Alyssia, who went by the name of Erin Jacobs at this point, for the next three years until a witness recognised Erin as Alyssia."

"They fled the flat for Hyde Park, Dutchess County after Miss Jacobs became aware the police were onto her. The New York police lost them when they fled Manhattan as Miss Jacobs ditched her car for another. They continued to live there for the next three and a half years until Alyssia's memory of her parents slowly returned and a neighbour and friend of Alyssia contacted the police."

"Upon the positive result of a DNA test, myself and the Chief of Department in Dutchess County went to the house to make the arrest. Miss Jacobs managed to obtain the gun belonging to the Chief aiming it at Miss Dobson, she fired a shot, missing her as a distraction to flee the house," Alyssia gasps not aware that Tina had shot at her mum.

"As she fled out the front door she meet Alyssia in the driveway, who'd just come back from trick or treating with her friends. Miss Jacobs grabbed Alyssia and pointed the gun at her head. Miss Dobson proceeded to talk Miss Jacobs out of pulling the trigger and the Chief took the gun back, rearresting her."

"With all that to take into consideration, I ask that passport/visa fraud, used of drugs on a minor and threatening with harmful intent to be added on top of the abduction changes." The judge agrees to consider it and there's a short break for him to discuss the best sentence.