Night Out

After two weeks of working on the Live Aid scene and all the other scenes that go with it, i.e. the trailer scene and bits backstage, the cast are given a couple of days of rest before they move on to the next scenes.

Alyssia is in the hair and make-up trailer with the BoRhap boys and Lucy discussing plans for that evening, "So we're meeting at the pub, yes?" Gwilym confirms getting ready to leave.

"Yes," Alyssia confirms, "You know where it is?"

"Yep, see you guys tonight."

"Rami, I'll put the address for the pub in the group chat," To make things easier while they're filming they've set up a group chat between, Rami, Ben, Gwilym, Joe, Lucy, Allen and Alyssia.

"Lucy, your coming to mine before to get ready, right?"

"Absolutely, I'll see you in a bit," Lucy heads out Rami and Ben not far behind, Ben agreeing to meet them there too.

"Do I get an address or...?" Joe asks, walking out of the dressing cubicle.

"It's in the group chat, but I'm afraid I need to kidnap you before you go back to your hotel."

Joe eyes her suspiciously, "Why?"

"Because I have sorted out something for your birthday, but I need to drive you there," His birthday is tomorrow which is why they are all going for drinks that night to celebrate.

"Hmm..." He doesn't know whether to be scared or just go with it, "Fine." He swipes his jacket off the coat rail and gestures to the door, "After you, my lady."

Giggling, Alyssia leads him to her car, she sends a quick text to John before starting the car to let him know they're on their way.

Joe was quiet for most of the journey till they got back into the main area of London, "Wait, don't you need to pick the girls up from school?"

"No, because A. it is Saturday and B. they are spending the weekend with their Grandma and Grandpa. They've been with my mum all day, she insisted when I mentioned that you guys wanted me to join you for the night out," To be fair it is a long time since Alyssia's had a proper night out and she needs a night to just let her hair down without worrying about the girls.

"Oh yeah, the days all seem to roll into one at the moment," He pauses again until they stop outside a house, "Where are we?"

"I told you, I was bringing you to your birthday surprise."

"You brought me a house?" Joe raises an eyebrow, no other reason coming to mind as to why his birthday surprise would be on a suburban street in London.

Alyssia tuts, rolling her eyes, "No, I did not. Come on and don't freak out."

Now he's really scared to get out of the car, he does though, following cautiously behind her. Alyssia knocks on the door and Veronica opens it, "Lissy, good to see you," She pulls the girl into a hug and then detaches herself looking behind Alyssia at Joe.

"Goodness, it's like looking back into time," Veronica couldn't bring herself to stop staring, "Brian and Roger did an excellent job, you look exactly like my John."

"Joe, this is my aunt, Veronica Deacon."

Slowly Veronica's words make sense, he realises what is going on and stares at Alyssia in shock, "Deacon?"

It dawns on Veronica that Joe hasn't a clue what is going on, "You didn't tell him he was coming to meet John, did you?"

"No," Alyssia bites her lip, "Surprise," She directs it towards Joe.

"Well, come in and compose yourself, Joe," Veronica finds it very sweet that he is nervous about meeting her husband.

She leads them into the living room and gets them a cup of coffee, "Why didn't you tell me?" Joe turns to Alyssia once Veronica is out of the room.