Learning

Mid-August 2017

Alyssia knows well enough that preparing for a role is hard, practising accents to a point that it sounds like you do it every day, learning lines, getting into good shape and for some roles like the ones the BoRhap boys are cast as it requires learning new skills.

To make things harder, they're having to become people that are still living, learn the way they speak, walk and act, learn all about their past and basically become them.

It's this thought that takes Alyssia to John's birthday BBQ with the intent of asking her uncle something that could potentially ruin the good bond they have.

How has it come to this you might ask?

Well, it comes from a moment she had with Joe a few days prior.

------

Filming for Bohemian Rhapsody begins at the beginning of September with Live Aid as the starting point.

Brian and Roger have rented out studio rooms to work with the four, they work with their mini-mes to start with while Rami and Joe work with their teachers.

Alyssia had started in the room with Rami while he was having a short break as his teacher had to take a call.

She tells him what she knows about Freddie, "Dad told me that on my first birthday, Freddie had arrived early at the house despite being ill, took me from mum and upstairs to get me ready."

Rami listens intently knowing that these moments are ones that the world will never know about and he has the privilege of hearing it, "Dad went upstairs to find me a while later as the family were arriving. He found me on the counter in the bathroom with Freddie standing behind me, holding me there, talking to me and brushing my hair. He was telling me to love and embrace my curls and never straighten them like dad did in his younger years. It's not a moment I remember, but dad said I was listening to him so intently."

"You must miss him greatly, he sounds like such a wonderful man. I hope to do him proud in the film," He feels truly honoured to portray such an icon.

"I do miss him, I wish I could remember him better and had more time with him, dad said I had such a close bond with Uncle Freddie before I was taken by Tina. But I know you'll do him proud, you have the same kind and caring nature that he did," In the time she has spent with Rami, she does not doubt those words.

He blushes slightly, "Thank you."

"I'm sorry you can't meet him, I know he would have loved you," She feels bad that he nor Joe can meet their band members and have the time with them the way Ben and Gwilym get with theirs.

Rami doesn't get to say anything, "Sorry about that," His teacher comes back, "Shall we continue?"

"I'll leave you to it," She leaves the room, walking down the hall past Brian and Gwilym's room then Roger and Ben's, she finds Joe in a room alone.

She knocks lightly and enters, "You all alone?"

"Yes," He stops playing looking up from the bass, "My teacher warned me yesterday that he needed to leave early today due to a family thing that had come up. I don't mind, it gives me a chance to practice what I have learnt."

"I wish I was learning from the man himself, I have so many questions for him, but I get it," Joe would never want to intrude on John's private life but it would be nice to meet him just once.

Joe's words strike a chord and she gets an idea, "You know him don't you?" He interrupts her thoughts.

"Yes, I see him a few times a year, I'm going to a BBQ for his birthday this weekend with the girls. Maybe I can see about getting you a meeting with him." Truth be told Alyssia is sad that John isn't involved in the film, she'd hoped he would be if only to mentor his mini-me.