A Second Wedding

"Hey, love," Alyssia places a new bunch of flowers in the pot on Toby's grave, "I don't know if you can hear me or if you're around, but I wanted to tell you that I get married tomorrow to Joe Mazzello. He's a lovely man, I think you'd approve of him. He adores the girls and we actually have another baby on the way, Ivy and Olivia are hoping for a brother."

She pauses looking around for any signs of Toby the cat, she spots him laying on the grass in the sun a couple of rows back, "I hope you're okay with me moving on. I know you said it in the letter, but I don't think either of us ever believed this would happen."

Toby the cat moved while she wasn't looking because when she looks to the spot again, he is now walking over to her. She gives him a fuss and he purrs, "I'll take this as your approval. I have to go, I have to get some beauty sleep before the big day. Love you," She kisses her hand and presses it to the headstone leaving the cat sitting beside it.

------

She never thought she'd get married a second time, but here she is with Anita's help, being helped into a wedding dress for the second time in her life.

"You're very quiet, love," Anita pushes her to say something.

"I'm just thinking," She smiles over her shoulder to ease her mum's worry, "I'm happy. I really am, I love Joe and I know I'm going to have a happy future with him. I just have a bittersweet feeling because I thought the same thing when I was marrying Toby, I didn't know then that our time together would be cut short."

Anita turns her daughter around once her dress is done up and pulls her into a hug, "There was always going to be some sadness to moving forward, but you know Toby would want you to move on."

"I know. Now, how do I look?"

"Stunning," Brian interrupts them smiling as he looks over his youngest daughter.

"Thanks, dad. Are the girls ready?"

"Yep," Ivy runs in with Olivia on her tail, "We're ready."

"You look like a princess, mummy," Olivia stares at her, jaw dropped.

"Thank you, Libby, but it's you two that look like the princesses," They twirl to show her their dresses like the rest of the wedding being kept small, Alyssia bridal party consisted of only Ivy and Olivia as her flower girls.