Traitor

Updating today instead of tomorrow. I'm sorry, the change in update days seems to be a running theme at the moment and I apologise. I have been informed that hopefully from some point in May I'll be given set days at work so I should be able to have a set updating schedule again.

November 2013

"I can't believe we're doing this," Toby is waiting outside the prison gates with Alyssia in his police uniform. He met her here from work.

"Me neither," She's nervous now she's here. Seeing Tina again is something she never wanted to happen.

"Then let's forget about it, go pick up Ivy and go home," Ivy is at Brian and Anita's, Alyssia dropped her off on the way. Anita hasn't a clue where they're going, but Brian does and he's not happy about it at all.

An officer comes to the gate to let them in, "No, let's not waste the prison staff's time after we arranged to see her privately."

All the usual security checks are done on both of them, then they're led into a private holding room. There's a huge clear protective screen between where Alyssia and Tina will sit with a table also between them. Tina is already seated on the other side of the screen.

"I'll be right back here," Toby mutters in Alyssia's ear then stands beside the prison officer.

"You changed so much," Tina smiles eyeing her up and down as she sits down.

Alyssia can't justify the pleasantries so gets straight to the point, "Why am I here, Tina? Where did you keep sending letters asking to see me?"

"I wanted to see you again and you're my daughter, Erin."

"My name is Alyssia and I'm not your daughter, Tina."

Tina seems to ignore that statement, "Congratulations on getting married, is that your husband?" She points to where Toby is standing.

"Yes," Toby growls with no intention of being nice.

"Also congratulations on the birth of your daughter, Ivy. I thought you might bring her with you."

"Are you insane?" She must be insane, "Why would I bring my baby daughter to a prison?"

"To meet her grandma of course."

Alyssia can't believe her ears, "Ivy is not your granddaughter, never has been and never will be. Her grandparents are my mum and dad and Toby's mother, that's it."

Hurt seems to flash across Tina's eyes and Alyssia calms down a little, "I know you lost your real daughter, Erin, and I'm sorry you lost her. Now that I have my own daughter I understand the pain your must have felt and probably still feel to this day for her loss, but I also know now the pain my mother must have felt all those years not knowing if I was dead or alive and whether she would ever see me again."

"I lost out on so many important memories and milestones with my parents because of you," That's what hurts Alyssia more than anything else, "I'm not going to let you confuse my children too."

"Oh yes, you're cooking another as we speak," The smile on Tina's face turns slightly sinister, "Maybe I can be at the birth for this one."

"Never," Alyssia raises her voice, "You're not listening! I don't know how you found out about this baby, but I'm only going to tell you this once, stay away from my family and stop sending me letters, just leave us alone."

Standing she turns to Toby, who is just as angry as she is, "We're leaving." Alyssia leaves the room, but Toby stays behind for a moment to say something to Tina.