Sleepover

*Warning* this contains bullying

October 1998

"Mum, can Zoe and Vicky come for a sleepover for my birthday?" Alyssia skips over to her mum as she leaves Miss Honey's classroom, it's parents evening and also Alyssia's 9th birthday.

"Not tonight as it's a school night but they can come over tomorrow if their parents are okay with it," Anita goes to talk to them.

Victoria moved to Alyssia's school for year three after having bullying troubles at her old one. Alyssia introduced Victoria to Zoe and they became fast friends, the teachers call the three The Olympic Trio.

Once Anita is finished talking, they head home, "Dad! We're home!" Alyssia shouts running into the house.

"How was parents evening?" Brian looks away from the TV.

"Good," Anita starts, removing her coat, "Miss Honey said Alyssia is a delight to have in class, she's doing well in lessons specifically maths and music and she has a good group of friends. Speaking of friends, Zoe and Victoria are coming for a sleepover tomorrow night."

"Well, I think a good parents evening has earned Lissy her last birthday present, do you think love?" Brian glances at Anita and she nods smiling.

"What is it?" Alyssia gasps as he leaves the room, she turns to her mum hoping to get to secret out of her, "What is it, mum?"

Anita chuckles not giving in to her daughter's adorable eyes, "You'll have to wait and see."

He returns moments later with a box with holes in the sides, putting the box on the floor, Brian lifts out a British Shorthaired silver tabby kitten.

Alyssia gasps again eagerly taking the kitten, "He's so cute, is he really mine?"

"Of course he's yours, he needs a name though," Anita reminds her.

Bring the kitten up to her face, Alyssia boops his nose with her nose, "Um... Freddie. I'm going to name him, Freddie. After Uncle Freddie."

Brian chuckles, knowing how much Freddie would probably love Alyssia for naming a cat after him, he was the male version of a crazy cat lady.

------

It's lunchtime the next day and Alyssia, Zoe and Victoria are chatting excitedly about their sleepover tonight, "So what's the plan for later?" Zoe asks through a mouthful of sandwich.

"So mum as brought the stuff for us to make cupcakes, then dad has promised takeaway pizza and there's some of my birthday cake left. Then what do you guys want to do?"

"You have to open your present then can we make a fort?" Victoria suggests.

Zoe swallows her food and gasps, "Yes, we have to do that and sleep in it."