Mood Swings

"Toby!" Alyssia calls out, sitting on the bed.

"Toby!" She thought he hadn't heard her until his footsteps pound up the stairs.

"Is it happening?" He almost collides with the door frame trying to stop him, "Are you in labour?"

She can't help laughing at the pure look of panic on his face, "No," She giggles, "I'm not in labour."

"It sounded like an emergency."

"This is an emergency, I can't reach my feet to get my shoes on," She pouts they're only slip-on shoes, but she just can do it.

At nearly 37 weeks, Alyssia feels huge and frustrated. She contently needs to pee, hardly anything fits and her back hurts, but tonight is New Year's Eve and Roger is having a party.

"You sure you want to go?" Toby has tried to convince Alyssia that it might just be best to stay at home, of course, she point blank refused.

"I've not left the house all week," She huffs annoyed that they're talking about this again, "I've rested all day for this and it will be our last chance to enjoy something like this for a while without a child to worry about. I want to go even if it's just an hour to see in the new year, its also my chance to meet Adam."

"Adam?" Toby frowns.

"Adam Lambert, Queen's new frontman. He's come to England for the New Year and talk about the new Queen tour in June." It's an exciting time for Queen, a potential new frontman to tour with.

She's spoken to Adam a few times via facetime when she's been at her parents, but they haven't met in person yet.

"Oh yeah," He kneels on the floor to slip her shoes on, "I thought for a second you were replacing me."

"Never, you're stuck with me for life. Also, Adam is gay so... no need to worry. We also agreed to meet your mum and Jenna there, so we have to go," Sarah and Jenna came over for Christmas as planned, but they're staying with Mavis for the duration of their stay.

Toby helps her stand, she checks herself in the mirror and groans, "Toby, why didn't you tell me I look like a whale?" She tears up.

"Because you don't," He tries to reassure her very used to these sudden mood swings by now, "You look lovely."

"I feel huge, maybe your right, maybe we should stay home," She can't wait for this baby to be born, however, Alyssia has a suspicious feeling that their baby girl will be late. She's yet to feel any practice on contractions and annoyingly, the baby hasn't turned to be head down yet.

"Oh no you don't," He's not having that, as much as he was trying to convince her before, he's not letting her negative thoughts get the better of this situation, "I'm not allowed to be right, that's your job."

He wipes under her eyes, removing any traces of mascara. He links his hand with hers and leads her downstairs, "Come on, you'll be the best looking there and I have to show them all that you are my wife."