Prom

*Smut Warning*

July 2006

"Ready for your last day?" Brian asks as Alyssia straightens her school tie in the mirror. He can't quite believe his youngest daughter is finishing school.

It's just one in a list of milestones for his kids this year, Alyssia is finishing school, Louisa is getting married in November, Jimmy and his long time girlfriend are due to have a baby in the New Year, Brian's first grandchild, and Emily is going into her last year of uni studying law.

She meets his eyes through the mirror, "I can't believe I'm saying it but I am going to miss school, I'm looking forward to what's next though."

Miami called her a week after his idea and confirmed that she will be one of the professional skaters for Dancing on Ice 2007 if she wanted the spot, of course, she said yes.

With that set in motion, Alyssia has time to work on her music and maybe look for her first small acting job, so she can continue saving for a car then eventually, a place to live with Toby.

Alyssia has a year and two months till she's 18 while Toby has just under two years. They have to wait until then to illegally be able to live together, but on the upside, they have two years to save.

Brian agreed to pay for Alyssia's provisional licences as her birthday present in October, he did the same for Jimmy, Louisa and Emily when they turned 17 so when that arrives, she will start her lessons with Roger.

That hadn't been Roger's idea, but when Alyssia overheard that he taught Felix and Rory to drive, so she practically forced him to be her instructor. Brian will help with the lessons too but he has to admit that Roger is a better driver.

"I'll see you later, dad," Alyssia brings Brian out of his thoughts and meets her friends outside like normal for their last walk to school.

The last day of school didn't include much learning, it was mostly the students double and triple checking all exams have been sat and every last piece of coursework is in.

"You going to miss us next year, Ben?" Alyssia sits between Ben and Toby at lunch.

"Of course, I will, but you not getting rid of me just because you're all leaving," Ben grins, slinging an arm around Toby's shoulder, "Toby wouldn't survive without his best mate."

"Oh no, your right," Toby acts gutted, "However would I cope?"

"Exactly, you guys are stuck with me for life."

"Careful there, Ben" Zoe taunts, "If you get too attached Toby might arrest you and ruin your bromance."

"Call it a bromance again and I'll arrest you," Toby shoots back chuckling.

"Shush a shame you can't join us at prom tomorrow night," Paige speaks up, she's come to love hanging this group of friends. She can picture all of them still being in each other's lives years down the line when they start settling down, having children of their own, etc...

"Yeah," Victoria agrees, "It won't be the same without you there," She's given up her trying to get with Ben, he's been dating a girl from his own year and she needs to focus on her new career path right now. They're good friends though, that's enough for her.

"Na, I'm not bothered about prom," He'll only be going to his own prom to escort his girlfriend if they're still together, "I'll have my own prom this time next year."

"You girls are getting ready at mine tomorrow, right?" Alyssia turns her attention to finalising the details of tomorrow and Ben turns to Toby.

"You think it will happen tomorrow?" Ben mutters, giving Toby no indication of what he's on about.