Dress Shopping

So my regular readers will know how this works by now, but for those that don't, you will see four wedding dresses in this chapter and I want you to decide, the last three dresses are the ones to choose between. Comment ONCE on one of the last three dresses only.

Also, if anyone has Instagram, do yourselves a favour and check out the account rogersgreenhair this person is so talented with photoshop and the picture I now have as my account image is from that account.

July 2009

Alyssia is at Toby's Passing Out Parade and after today's ceremony, Toby will be a fully qualified Police Officer. He starts his first shift with the Metropolitan Police on Monday.

She's sat in the stands with Brian, Anita, Mavis, Ben and Zoe. Victoria couldn't get out of college for it and Paige couldn't get the day off work, Zoe and Paige work at the same swimming centre alongside their professional career, Paige is a lifeguard while Zoe is a swimming instructor.

Sarah and Jenna have also come to England for the event, to meet Alyssia's parents and for wedding dress shopping tomorrow with Alyssia and Anita. Jenna also needs to be fitted for her bridesmaid dress.

The passing out parade is a long one, starting with high ranked Police gaining promotional ranks e.g. Constable to Sergeant and so on. There are a few of them and the warm summer heat makes sitting in a crowd of people a little sweaty, but Alyssia pushes that aside, knowing the number of times Toby has probably sat through a skating competition just to support her.

Finally, it's the turn of newly qualified Police Officers to receive their medals and epaulettes, the group make sure to cheer very loudly when it's Toby's turn.

Alyssia gets the best shot she can of the moment, it's not very often it's her sat in the seats watching him getting a reward, she couldn't be more proud of him.

Once the ceremony is over she goes down to find him, he's talking to a colleague. Toby sees her approach and stops his conversation for a moment accepting Alyssia's hug, kissing her cheek, "Lissy, this is Chief Inspector, David Nelson, he will be my boss once I start on Monday. Sir, this is my fiancé, Alyssia May."

"A pleasure to meet you miss," He tips the brim of his hat, "I've heard a lot about you."

She blushes, she's never thought about Toby talking about her at work, but she likes the idea, "Lovely to meet you as well."

"I best be off, but I'll see you on Monday, Toby. Enjoy your weekend off and congratulations," He nods and walks away.

"I'm proud of you," She squeezes him much tighter now they have a moment alone, "You look very handsome too," He's in his formal police uniform and looking very smart.

"Thank you, though I can't take all the credit," He smirks slips his arms around her waist, "I had help from my beautiful fiance who ironed my shirt for me."

The rest of the group catch up with the pair, Sarah hugging her son tightly telling him how proud she is of him. It's a big deal for Toby because he hasn't heard those words from her in a long time.

"The lads have asked me to join them for a couple of drinks to celebrate, do you mind if I join them?" Toby doesn't like to leave Alyssia on her own at the moment, she still struggles to believe that the miscarriage wasn't her fault.

"Of course, I don't mind," She knows why he's asking since the miscarriage, though mostly her normal self, Alyssia has the occasional emotional outburst, he doesn't like leaving her but she's not letting that ruin Toby's chance to celebrate with his mates.

A guy Alyssia vaguely recognises comes over to Toby, "You joining us, St. James?"

Alyssia answers for him, "Yes, he is. It's Matt, isn't it? You came to the house warming?"