A Gift

I'm going to see We Will Rock You tonight, I'm so excited!!!

June 2011

The first episode of Downton Abbey aired earlier than originally planned, on the 26th of September 2010 and attracted an audience of 9.2 million on the first day, making it the most successful new drama on any UK channel since 2009.

Two days after Alyssia's 21st birthday, Roger and his girlfriend of six years, Sarina, got married on the 3rd of October 2010.

The last Downton Abbey episode aired on the 7th of November and the series is set to receive several nominations in the coming months.

It's now the beginning of June and Alyssia is at her parent's Surrey home, she's been living in her home old for the past week while filming in the area for Downton Abbey, "So have you finished filming?"

"Yes, today was the last day," Alyssia peels a satsuma and sits next to her mum at the breakfast counter.

"That seems late compared to last year," Anita greatly enjoyed watching Downton Abbey when it aired and is looking forward to the next series. Her daughter in it is a bonus but she plays the part so well.

"We all knew what we were doing with our characters this time around but some of the scenes are bigger and we had to film the Christmas episode too. Oh..." She gasps realising her mistake, "I haven't told you about that," The Christmas special is a surprise that viewers will find out about at the end of the last episode of the year's series.

"You know I'd never say anything, but make sure you don't do that at any interviews. Hungry?" Anita quickly changes the subject as Alyssia grabs another satsuma.

Brian turned away from the oven for a moment as Alyssia starts eating it, frowning, "You know we're eating soon?"

Popping a slice in her mouth, she looks at the peel on the counter placemat where she's sat and realised that this is her third one in the space of 15 minutes, "They taste nice," She shrugs not thinking anything of it, "And yeah, I am hungry. It was busy on set today and I didn't have a chance to eat a huge amount."

While Brian dismisses it as her just being hungry, Anita can't help but wonder if something else is going on. She hopes it is what she's thinking of.

------

With filming done, Alyssia went home the next day. After stopping at the shop to get a few basics, she greets the cats and does a spot of cleaning, laundry etc... waiting for Toby to get home.

Throughout the day, she fails to notice the net of satsumas she brought on the way home slowly disappearing until she goes to grab another and the net is empty.

"What?" She mutters to herself looking at the empty net, "I just brought these." She looks in the bin in the kitchen and finds some peel in there, but not enough to be the whole lot.

So she goes from room to room finding more peel in the living room bin, hers and Toby's bedroom bin and even some in their en suite bathroom bin.

"How did I eat a whole bag of them?" She continues muttering but this time she's talking to the cats as if they're going to answer her.

Confused she just pushes it to the side of her mind for now and makes a start on dinner. Sitting back on the sofa in the kitchen while the food is cooking, she was watching a film on the TV when Meddow sits on her stomach starts to knead at her tummy.

Alyssia natural thinks she wants something, "What do you want hmm...? You hungry?" She gets up to feed both cats then sits on the sofa once more.

Once Meddow finished eating she then sits on her stomach and does the same thing, "Why are you doing that? I just feed you."