Healing

Happy Boxing Day everyone!!! Hope you got some good presents yesterday, I got Brian May's Back to the Light CD but my favourite present was my new floor length mirror.

Tell me your favourite present?

When Brian picked up Alyssia from rehab two weeks later, the difference in her was amazing, brighter and happy, full of smiles and energy.

She's chatty in the car like she used to be, "Oh, can we go and see uncle Rog before we go home?" She pleads as they near the turn off for Roger's.

"I don't see why not," Brian takes the turning, "Can I ask why?"

"I have an apology to make." She has a few apologies to make face to face, but Roger is the easy one to start with.

Since the Taylor's had no idea they were coming, they knock and wait rather than walking straight in. Roger's car is there so he's in but it's Rory that answers the door, "Lissy!" She beams, wrapping her littlest cousin in a tight hug, pulling her inside.

Brian smiles following behind, closing the door, "Lissy is here to see your dad, Rory. Is he in?"

"Yep, he's in the studio with Rufus. Go on," She pushes Alyssia in the right direction.

Entering the studio, Rufus is in the booth and Roger is sitting at the soundboard, back to her.

She creeps up behind him and slams her hands down on his shoulders, making him jump, "Jesus Christ! That's not funny, Lissy."

"Sorry," She giggles, sitting on the chair beside him.

"You're out of rehab?" The month has gone very quickly he's not entirely sure what day it is.

"Yep, dad picked me up today."

"Then what are you doing here?" He's glad to see her though, she looks a lot like her old self.

"I came because I want to apologise but also say thank you."

His face softens into a smile, "You don't need to do that."

"But I do. When I was in rehab, Melrose asked me to write down a list of people I needed to apologise to and thank once I left. You are at the top of my list, Dad tells me that you rang him to make sure he got Toby's text message. When you rang, he hadn't even seen the text yet, if you hadn't put your number in my phone a few days before, things might have been a lot different so I have to thank you for that. And I'm sorry for ignoring your advice."

"You wouldn't be the first to ignore it," He gives his kids advice all the time but nine times out of ten they don't listen.

"I should also say that you've definitely earned the title of the favourite uncle," She grins, moving in to hug him.

"I should think so," He smirks, hugging her back, "I'm glad you're feeling a lot better. You ever get that low again then you tell me or your dad immediately."

"I promise, I don't want to go there again," She never really wanted to die but at the time, it seemed like there was no other option.

------

Alyssia knew the hardest task would be saying sorry to Victoria and Zoe, so on her first day back at school, she asks them to meet her like they used to and walk to school.

"Mum! Zoe and Vicky are here, I'll see you after school," She runs down the stairs, stuffing her feet into her school.

"Hold on," Anita stops her with the front door open, "Don't forget this," She hands Alyssia her lunch, "Eat all of it."