Telling

"Toby, come look at this," Alyssia calls from the en suite where she's just pulled her underwear on after her shower.

"Look at what?" Toby mutters, pulling his t-shirt over his head. She turns from the full-length mirror standing sideways for him to see what she sees.

Until this last week, Alyssia just looked like she had a bit of a gut, but now at 13 weeks a curve has formed and looks like a small baby bump now.

He gasps, "She's finally making an appearance," He crotches in front of her eye level with her bump, rubbing his hand across the curve.

"She?" She raises an eyebrow, Toby is convinced that it's a girl while she believes it's a boy.

"Yep," He kisses her stomach then stands and kisses her lips, "And she's going to be beautiful like her mother. How's your morning sickness been today?" She burst into the bathroom while Toby was getting ready for work this morning.

Morning sickness hit her like a ton of bricks after finding out, "Not too bad after this morning's throw up. I managed to keep my food down, it's just eggs and fish I have to stay clear of because of the smell," Her stomach rolls just thinking of the smell.

"Noted, now as much as I love to see you in your underwear, I don't think your dad or brother want to see that so get dressed and we'll leave in 10 minutes or we'll be late."

It's Brian's birthday and he's invited his children and partners out for a meal, plus Roger and Sarina, of course. They're going to use this opportunity to tell the family.

Alyssia is grateful, she hasn't been able to see her parents in the last few weeks, since they've been busy with work and because she would never have been able to stop herself from telling them. That's all she's wanted to do since finding out, but they wanted to wait till the 12-week scan which was last week before saying anything.

They've already sent an ultrasound photo to Australia with instructions for Sarah and Jenna to facetime them when they receive it and not to open it until the facetime.

"But nothing fits right," She pouts. Though her bump is very small at this point, most of her clothes that usually hug her figure nicely are getting too snug around the waist and hips.

"Just where your larger leggings, you know the ones you'd keep just in case."

"My waist isn't the issue, I was going to wear those leggings anyway but my boobs have got bigger," She mutters, hiding her blush. She hasn't gone shopping for maternity clothes yet, it's something she wants to do with her mum.

Toby's eyes wide refraining himself from smirking, instead he pulls her to the wardrobe and helps her. He pulls out a top he remembers her buying in December after putting on a little weight from Christmas before losing it again, "What about this?" He pulls out the top.

 He pulls out a top he remembers her buying in December after putting on a little weight from Christmas before losing it again, "What about this?" He pulls out the top

"I forgot I had that, perfect," She takes the top and grins, "I knew there was a reason I married."

"Hmm..." He rolls his eyes playfully, "And I only keep you around for your cooking?"