-The one with the Hamilton references-

A/N Crying so hard.

Past 

Present

Most people had seen the hit musical Hamilton; the main character being Nick Hamilton, then the peoples obvious favourite character; Karl, his husband . The writers saw how the crowd loved Karl so they didn't take into account the thing's that Nick did and just continued to say that they were married. Some one had recently found Karl's diary entry from back then and it was confusing. 

'I saved every letter you wrote me.' Karl held the letters next to his heart starring at the moon in glee.

'From the moment I read them' Karl scanned the letters, taking into account every word and intricate slashes of ink.

'I knew you were mine' Karl smiled and pictured Nick in his uniform fighting against England.

'You said you were mine' Karl could hear the proposal that Nick had said and every praise and promise. 

'I thought you were mine' A single tear slip down his face as he heard the news.

'Do you know what George said
When we saw your first letter arrive?' Karl was jumping around in a circle as George smiled watching his brother jump smiling holding a letter in his hand. 

'He said, "Be careful with that one, love.
He will do what it takes to survive.' Nick had just set sail, leaving Karl and Philip to fend for themselves.

'You and your words flooded my senses' Karl and Nick had fought and now he was reading the letters that Nick had sent, smiling as salty tears flowed his vision.

'Your sentences left me defenceless' Nick walked into the room to see Karl curled into a ball asleep with a pile of letters around, clear tear tracks down his face.

'You built me palaces out of paragraphs' Nick had always written about this castle that he would show Karl to when they had the money to build this kingdom.

'You built cathedrals' What could off been in the kingdom that they could have built?

'I'm re-reading the letters you wrote me' Karl eyes almost blinded by the overflowing waterfalls of tears as he frantically scanned another letter after another.

'I'm searching and scanning for answers' Nothing, his eyes found nothing as he starred at the intricate lines.

'In every line for some kind of sign' There was nothing, all the words and paragraphs were just memories built on a palace of lies.

'And when you were mine
The world seemed to burn, burn' Karl remembered hearing the news and feeling the searing light on his arms pick away at his pale skin.

'You published the letters he wrote you' The HQ Pamphlet had finally gotten out, Karl saw the letters that Nick had sent this foreigner, Quackity.

'You told the whole world how you brought this boy into our bed' Karl read frantically read through the lines, detailing the affair that his husband had, had.

'In clearing your name, you have ruined our lives' As Karl walked down the streets he saw the pity looks that he was served,

'Do you know what George said, when he read what you'd done?' George had gasped reading the news from London, his hands balled into fist reading the whole pamphlet.

'He said, "You've married an Icarus.He has flown too close to the sun." Nick had set sail, his guilt and pride mixing together, he sail towards the sun.

'You and your words, obsessed with your legacy...' Nick always talked about what people will say when his name was mention once he had died.

'Your sentences border on senseless' Karl read again and again the letters and slowly he felt nothing reading the love sick words that had once been true.

'And you are paranoid in every paragraph, how they perceive you'
 Nick had always been one to care about what people had said about him in all forms.

'You, you, you...'

'I'm erasing myself from the narrative' Karl couldn't anymore, he, out of spite threw the letters down watching them slowly fall to the wooden ground.

'Let future historians wonder how Karl reacted when you broke his heart' No one had known what had happen, all the memories and hurt that Karl had gone through for nothing.

'You have torn it all apart' Karl stamped on the letter, watching as his once bitter sweet love fall apart under his heels.

'I'm watching it burn' Once he had stepped on them then he individually threw them into the fire pit and watched the flames engulf the small sheets of paper.

'Watching it burn' Small tears ran down Karl's cheek as he smelt the ash fill the room and blind his senses.

'The world has no right to my heart. The world has no place in our bed' When Nick returned Karl locked himself in his room, sobs could be heard from the other side of the door.

'They don't get to know what I said' Nick wrote all the sentences of love that Karl had spoke and published them for the whole world to see.

'I'm burning the memories' Karl watch a single tear slip down as the paper were engulfed by the hungry flames.

'Burning the letters that might have redeemed you' He threw all the love letters from their once perfect marriage and watched as Nick would fall into deep depths.

'You forfeit all rights to my heart' Karl slammed the door listening to Nick's pleas as he fell against the door, the reconciling tears slipping down again.

'You forfeit the place in our bed
You'll sleep in your office instead' Nick slept in his office as told but couldn't help but listen into Karl's desperate sobs and cries.

'With only the memories of when you were mine' Their wedding vowels rang in Karl's ears, the once heart felt words just a blur in his imagination.

'I hope that you burn'