-The one with the tail-

A/N Haha. Ominous chapter.  

Suffer my children. 

So Karl was what you called, a mermaid, siren, merman. Pick one, you get the basis. He had a tail, a large, scaled tail instead as a replacement of legs. As in an actual light aqua tail that came down from his waist and formed two fins down the bottom. Like others of his species Karl's tail happened to disappear out of water. What I mean is that  the second he left the water, he was dry, he had pale legs again.

He was adopted by a single mother who happened to find him washed up on a tropical beach. Karl went on to live a human life, avoiding water and wet things at all cost. Such as wet towels, sweat and well, people in general. Well that was until high school happened, where he was made to run and sweat and swim and listen to fucking teacher chant on and on about some random poetry he didn't need.

He was a mermaid. 

He didn't need to know fucking poetry.

Well high school honestly sucked, but attest he suffered through it with his best friend Quackity; a dark haired male who always wore a dark blue e beanie, Karl didn't know why or bother to ask .He thought it would just be Q and him, well that was until he met Sapnap. He was in the same class as Karl for most of the subjects and they had talked a couple times, just randomly, it really didn't have a purpose or ending. But Karl had developed an overwhelming crush on a boy he talked to like three times. Well, these feelings were defiantly reciprocated through Sapnap, he would rant on and on about Karl to his best friend Dream.

Both boys loved each other but were too afraid to mention it, well they had barely talked and knew absolutely nothing about each other, so I don't blame them. School was normally hard of Karl but when they began testing it became much worst. The testing I'm talking about isn't like when you sit in a huge hall and complete annoying tests, though that would have sucked. It was fucking water testing. 

Not like to see if you could swim or not, to test if you were a sea animal. Recently there had been actually sightings of mermaids and dolphin like humans. It had been said that they are extremely rare and the government needs to protect them at all costs due to their population being slim due to these person called; Schlatt (GLATT). He thought that you could make millions off of these people, and from certain ways that are so terrible that I can't describe, so he was trying to capture every sea animal human like thing, living. The government was quick to take action; with water testing, where they would dunk someone in the water to test if you were a hybrid or not. Karl was scared, he really didn't want to be outed to the whole school and have everyone obsessing over him, but I mean what can you do. 

All the school was lined up, ready to be dunked in this huge tank, which looked like a fish bowl to Karl. They had gotten through about half of the school and Karl was coming up. It was almost like a show, there was an audience of everyone and slowly the person would walk up and slowly dive or jump in the water, ready to be judged by the others. It was annoying as if you weren't a mermaid you would just be wet. So everyone was wrapped in towels in the stands. 

Hearing his name on the speakers, knocked him out of his thoughts. He nervously walked up to the stairs where the top of the tank was and sent a little prayer to god, hoping that he wouldn't transform. If he did, life was going to suck just little bit more. He heard a voice in the speaker telling him to get in so Karl dove in and immediately the water went a dark shade of blue, everyone gasped, this hadn't happened before so everyone was on the edges of their seats. Soon the water cleared, low and behold a long, aqua tail, reformed his legs. His eyes were a piercing blue and his shirt was non existent. He had fins sticking out the side of his brown locks and he looked exactly like they described it on the TV.

The audience gasped and clapped as Karl swam around, he zipped past. Doing a  repeat of stopping and looking at the people end swimming around and doing cool water tricks. The tank was actually quite big so he enjoyed it. Soon he heard distant shouts for him to get out and he furrowed his eyebrows. He saw a hand being reached in the tank and he froze up completely and clenched his teeth. Soon small bits of ice began to form in the water, like little tennis balls except ice and Karl looked confused and angry at the same time. Then they shot out to the top of the tank, the ice ready to stab anyone who dared come near the pool. He snarled, flashing his fang like teeth. 

The hand backed out of the pool and Karl smiled and swam up and climbed out of the pool, but unlike the others he was completely dry, not a speck of water on his pale skin. He bowed as a joke, his primal instincts gone within a second, and the crowd erupted in cheers. Karl giggled softly and walked back into his seat in the stands, right next to his best friend; Quackity who immediately bombarded him with questions that Karl refused to answer. He just sat there and continued watching people get dunked in water, hoping to have the same result as Karl.

Soon the testing had finished and Karl went back to class normally, until he was called to the principals office. The class oohed behind him and he laughed at their dumb reactions. Karl  followed and guessed that it was about him being, well worth millions. Karl knocked on the door, and waited for a small 'come in'. He turned the door knob and entered the large room, carefully shutting in behind him. Their principal; Bad, gestured to the chair opposite him which Karl nodded to him and sat down politely.

"We'll just be waiting a minute or so on our guests." Bad said and Karl perked up, there were going to be multiple people here? He did not get that memo. But he nodded anyway and smiled, tapping at the desk impatiently. Bad smiled and they sat in silence until a few minutes later three people walked in. Three people walked in and Karl recognised them as the Dream team, they were all unbelievably strong, rich and respected, pretty god combo if I do say so myself. Bad smiled and asked them to sit on the seats behind Karl.  

Bad began to explain how the plan was going to work, because if Karl was a mermaid the news was going to spread quickly to Schlatt. And god knows what that sicko was going to plan So Karl apparently needed fucking body guards because they didn't think he could defend himself. Karl felt somewhat offended but that's fine. Karl was just spaced out but all he got was that he had body guards now. Soon he was ushered out by Bad, Karl said polite goodbye and left for Geography. Sapnap walked next to him and he smiled, looking down a the brunette.

They locked eyes and Karl's face filled with a small blush as he avoided eye contact and walked down the endless hallway, hoping that soon they'd reach the classroom. Sapnap just walked like he owned the place and quickly took notice of Karl's blush and smirked victoriously. When he walked in, everyone was on a free period, just sitting in a class room, supposedly working. As the two of them walked in immediately swarmed with questions.

 Karl just smiled, nodded, waved and back up nervously into Sapnap chest, who he didn't know was there until he hit what felt like a rock and his head flicked back and saw the familiar dark hair. Sapnap felt Karl's nervousness completely and wrapped a protective arm around the boy's waist. Karl smiled and back into him subconsciously, smiling, and blushed intensely as the class oohed. He his his face in his hands, and smiled when Sapnap's arm didn't leave his waist. Karl looked up and flashed his teeth to the class, in attempt of a smile. He noticed how some kids backed up and he reminded himself that his teeth were like fangs, he groaned as the class continued to ooh. He began to whine and Sapnap didn't like how they were making him feel.

"Shut up!"