27

While on the short car ride to the library for more information about this whole deal, Hisoka has done nothing but pester you and attempt to make Kurapika jealous and irritated, which definitely been working. All the while though, you scrolled through your phone trying to obtain any little information you could possibly obtain.

"We're here guys, I'm going to park the car on this curb and then I'll catch up with you in a few." Leorio says, adjusting his glasses as he watches all exit the vehicle.

"Okay Leorio, we'll see you inside. Shoot me a text if you need ANYTHING at all." You smile at him before closing the car door. Your entire group turns to the library, taking in a quick glance at the structure before heading inside.

As soon as you all enter, Gon and Killua quickly find a table area to rest in until the other party shows up, whoever that may be.
Kurapika and you follow shortly behind, Hisoka still tagging behind you two as well.

"So, we're just gonna wait here for who knows how long, for WHO KNOWS who?" Killua groans

"Daww, don't stress Killua! At least we're surrounded by books and a quiet atmosphere!" Gon declares loudly.

Killua rests his cheek in his hand, looking at Gon in a bored fashion.

"Of course you would say that, being as loud as you are in said quiet atmosphere. You're literally defeating the whole purpose of quiet Gon." Killua says softly.

"Ouch, okay.. there's no need be rude about it." Gon says back.

"Look at you two go on and on. Children." Hisoka says from the pillar he was leaning up against with crossed arms. "Is this what your future will look like with kids~?" Hisoka says tauntingly to Kurapika and you with a devious smirk on his lips.

Kurapika and you just freeze at the comment. You look over to Kurapika's face, seeing a bright red blush form across his pale face.

You can't help but smirk at that.

"Yeah Kurapika... our future... with kids... if you're catching my drift."

"(Y/N)!!!!!" Kurapika shrieks, abruptly standing up from his seat out of pure embarrassment and instinct. You can't help but laugh at his pure reaction. He's such an innocent soul.

"Come on Pika Pika, no need to be so embarrassed about it. It was just a joke!" You give him a smile. His face only keeps getting more vibrant in color as the thoughts started eating him away.

"No more of those jokes (Y/n)." He says sternly.

Your jaw drops.

"I'M not even the one that started it this time!" You exclaim, pointing harshly and repeatedly at Hisoka.

"Oh dear, have I stirred up a quarrel here?" Hisoka asks, just watching his doing unfold.

"Hisoka, you're aware as well as I am that
I only have you here to help me in the long run. I would rather stay far away from you in my daily life." Kurapika says.

"That's too bad~, my feelings are crushed."

Kurapika just rolls his eyes.

"Actually, this is very off topic but where is Leorio? He should have been here by now. If there was a problem he would have texted me... I told him too..." You say, bringing out your phone to look at it for a second, just to check is Leorio had messaged at all.

"You're right," Kurapika starts, looking off into the distance near the doorway. "I wonder what he is doing.."

Right as Kurapika finishes that, everyone spots dark hair and a tall figure entering the doors of the library. Leorio. In a matter of seconds, he walks up to the table. He has a grim expression worn on his face, a sweat droplet falling down the side of his forehead.

"What's up Leorio? What took you so long? And why do you look so.... out of it?" You ask, your facial expression almost matching his.

"I– I uhm..." he starts. "(Y/n), let me borrow your ear alone for a moment."

You're taken aback by that response. You look around at every face of your tiny group.

"O- okay!" You exclaim as you follow Leorio a few feet away. You turn to look back at Kurapika for a second, and then back to Leorio. "What is going on Leorio?"

"I don't know how to say this easily, but... heh heh... the Troupe just walked into a building across from us."

"WHAT!?!" You exclaim. You snap your head over into Kurapika's direction as soon as you realize you messed up there. " What do you mean the Troupe walked into a building across from us!?! We have to go NOW!"

"Wait (Y/n), the whole point on why I dragged you over was to deal with this in a calm manner. How are we supposed to go about telling Kurapika?"

You shake your head, staring at the ground.

"I- I don't know! There's absolutely no way he's going to be calm. We just have to tell him as is. I'll try and give him some sort of comfort but it won't be easy. You and I both know how quick he is to jump to things."

"Right. Well, it looks like we're gonna have to cancel this meeting with whatever gentlemen we were supposed to meet up with. It's kind of useless now."

"Yeah, so much for waiting for nothing..." You say and walk back over the Kurapika and the rest. He looks up at you with those darling, beautiful grey/black eyes of his.

"So? What is the news?" He asks softly.

"Kurapika," you start in the most soft and calm voice you can offer. You grab his hand in yours, and trace his fingers lightly. "You can't freak out about this, okay?"

Kurapika gives you reluctant expression.

"Whatever do you mean?" He asks quietly.

"Leorio, when he was outisde... he saw... them..."

As soon as those words went through Kurapika's ears, all you saw was red in his eyes.

"And you two just sat there to vent about it when we could have marched out there!?" Kurapika exclaims.

Welp. There he goes.

"It's not like that Kurapika!" you quickly start chasing after him as soon as he got up to dart for the doors.

Kurapika only ignores all the pleas and words coming from the little group. He's always so determined.

So much for going about this situation calmly.