29

You stood in just a sports bra, examining your backside towards a mirror in a storage room. The cuts from Machi's nen were pretty deep, but nothing you couldn't handle. Your fingers gently pat a cotton ball full of antiseptic across the lines of the wounds...the feeling of it stinging quite a bit.

"You know~ it would be much easier if you let someone help. You're almost as difficult as your partner out there." Hisoka nods in the direction of the door. His body leans against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest.

You groan out in frustration.

"Why are you in here with me again? I don't recall inviting you."

"This is a public storage area. You can't really expect me to not join you in here. We can have some fun, your nen was very impressive."

"No, I'm with Kurapika. You know that." You roll your eyes, totally ignoring his comment about your nen. "Besides, I didn't want Kurapika in here for a reason. What makes you think that means that doesn't go for you too?"

"Well, I for one, know about your little secret there, and your precious Kurta isn't yet aware of it hm?" Hisoka looks at your tattoo in the mirror.

You let out a sigh.

"No... and I trust you won't say anything. I'll come for you if I find out you do."

"Ohhh~ how exciting!"

"Ugh. You're so weird, can you just like... please leave?"

"I can.. but before I do, may I ask what you plan to do about your mark there? You can't keep it hidden forever. Especially in situations like these."

"I've hidden it for years from Kurapika... that won't change now. I've got it handled."

"Hmm~ you sure about that? Kurapika's probably wondering why you requested to be all alone in here without him."

You look down to the ground in the corner of your eyes.

"No.. you're right. I've been stressing about this so much ever since the start of our relationship. I don't know what I'll do. I guess if it comes down to it, I'll endure whatever Kurapika has to throw at me. Whether it be heartbreak, or something else, though I certainly do hope it won't come to that."
You frown at the idea. Tears threaten behind your eyes, but you don't let them shed. Especially not with Hisoka standing there.

Hisoka rubs his chin, seeming to be thinking hard.

"I think I can help, if only you'd ask for help."

You quirk an eyebrow up at that.

"Haha, no way. Knowing you, you'll have strings attached."

"No, I promise I won't, no strings attached."