9

This Illumi pic I accidentally took. It had me crying laughing for so long omfg. I wanted to get the flower crown filter on my babe, but Snapchat thought otherwise. I just had to share it with you guys tho omg.

Anyways, this chapter is full of details on Kurapika's feelings for you. His emotions and everything. It might be kind of boring...I'm sorry >3<

Also...
I am so so sooo sorry if updates are a lil slower. I know I usually update this book pretty quickly, but school is starting for me. I'll be back to writing normally as soon as I'm back in the school routine and stuff! xo

----

"Are we staying out all night again?" You dragged your feet along the dewy grass, arms slouching down in front of you. Originally you had been scuffling your feet against the loose gravel, but Kurapika got annoyed real fast and made you walk in the damp grass. Less noise made a happy Pika.

"No, but I would prefer to be practical and get a head start. Starting early is always advantageous than waiting until the last minute. We won't be staying out late, no."

"But it's already half past eleven Piiiikaaaaaa~" you groaned, looking at the watch on your wrist.

"You've stayed out later than this." Kurapika accused.

The whole day had gone by without any sight of Hisoka or anyone. It was just Kurapika dragging you around looking for suspects and information. You had literally been to over forty buildings today.

"Ku - ra - pi - ka~"

You could hear him groan just a little. You couldn't blame him for being annoyed with anything and everything around him. It was late...he was tired. And you adding pressure on him didn't exactly make his emotions any better.

"What if we go home right now? We can start bright and early the day after tomorrow. You need rest...and tons of sleep. You can't just go around looking for people without any nourishment or rest."

Kurapika stopped to think about it for a moment. He did recall the time he went straight after the Troupe awhile ago. He was basically drained after the whole scenario. If his friends hadn't helped him out along the way, he might have been too reckless and tired, that he may have almost gotten himself killed. He's stubborn, and he knows that.

Kurapika inhaled a hiss before agreeing to you.

"Fine. But after tomorrow, we are coming straight back here and finding answers, got it?"

The more Kurapika thought about it, he knew it was for the best. He just hoped that the Troupe really wasn't after anyone innocent. That would be a black mark on his record forever if he let someone be murdered.

You literally felt the negative energy pouring from Kurapika. It flowed out as if everything he ever planned had vanished from his mind. After sensing his dampened emotion, you coughed for his attention.

"Everything will be okay. And if anything happens, you can place the blame on me. I just want you to rest."

Kurapika let out a light sigh, which was followed by a sweet smile.

"It's fine. You're right in the matter; it would be in our best interest to rest up as much as possible."

Your lips turned up into a bright smile.

"And you're not going to work tomorrow. Neon will just stress you out more than you already are." You declared, clapping your hands together.

"That actually sounds pretty decent. Perhaps that'll take a lot off of my shoulders as well."

"It will! Now come on, the longer we stay out, the later it gets."

Even though your feet were kind of wet from walking in the grass, it didn't bother you. You were just happy to get Kurapika to do the smart thing and leave for home.

You guessed he was already super tired because he didn't say much whilst you the walked. You already knew that he is a pretty quiet guy, and he keeps to himself a lot of the time....but at least with you he'd talk.

It's not like you could blame him for being tired though. The kid practically worked 24/7 – you were so glad that he was now permitted to leave his job early – and now he had to worry and stress about an innocent man who could possibly be dead here in a few days.

Kurapika had a lot on his mind. But, the upside of it all was that he had you.

Even though you annoy him too much, and you attempt to lie to him a lot of the time for his happiness....he never actually got mad at you. Sometimes a little irritated, and sometimes a little upset...but never has he ever gotten mad at you.

In fact, you made him laugh a lot. And you cheered him up just by watching you smile. Not that he'd ever admit that out loud though.

Kurapika never was a huge softie, but once he laid his eyes on you, that changed as soon as he felt the need to protect you.

As you two were walking, you suddenly felt a warmth grow into the palm of your hand.

You looked down and noticed Kurapika holding your hand gently.

"Kurapika?" You spoke quietly. He didn't reply. He just stayed quiet and in thought as he looked at the ground.

All of a sudden, you heard a quiet,

"I love you so much (Y/n)."

You stopped walking to look over at Kurapika.

"What's with the sudden confession?" You asked, squeezing his hand just in case he was feeling something negative at the moment.

Once again, he didn't reply. Instead, he just gave you a big smile.
You quirked your eyebrow up in confusion.

"Thank you for everything, love."

"Dork. Don't make me blush. What's with all this emotion you're displaying?"

"I'm just so thankful to have you next to me. Not many would dare to ever join me unless they were someone dear and close to me."

You smiled, laughing a bit.

"I love you too."