30

"Texture Surprise?"

"Yes. My nen acts as a cover up for a variety of different things. In this case, for your little spider tattoo there."

"And it'll stay on me just like that unless I remove it myself?"

"Yes ma'am."

You keep reflecting on that moment earlier when Hisoka sealed a layer of his texture surprise over the back of your upper shoulder, who knew he could be so helpful to you.

You absentmindedly reach to it, gently touching it, alerting Kurapika's attention.

"Is something bothering you?" He quietly asks.

"Mm, no, just touching my own skin."

Kurapika doesn't seem to respond to your comment. So, rather you two just sit on your hotel bed in silence. Kurapika and you really haven't talked too much since the events of earlier occurred. Right now, his eyes were engrossed in the pages of a thick book. Every now and then the flipping of a page crinkled softly.

You, on the other hand, really hadn't been doing much next to him. You had mostly just been staring off into space just listening to the wind howling outside of your hotel room. It's a comforting sound, really. Other than that, it's completely silent with the exception of Kurapika flipping his book pages, and of course the other residents of the hotel shutting doors or walking around.

Yep, all you did was stare off into space. You're laying on your side with one arm resting between your thighs and the other arm — your elbow more specifically — propped up to assist your head upwards as well. Most of the staring off into space, however, was between looking at the lights of the night time city outside the window, and between Kurapika. He's always so angelic to look at.

"All right (Y/n), what's really troubling your mind right now?" Kurapika suddenly inquires. He must have noticed you starting off for quite some time. You watch him fold the page of his book, marking its spot. He closes it and sets it beside him before folding his hands in his lap.

"What are you talking about?"

"You're acting strange."

"Not more so than usual."

Kurapika rolled his eyes.

"What did I request of you back home...in our bedroom? Your compulsive lying."

"Kurapika, I'm literally not lying to you."

"(Y/n), I can read you like an open book."

"Well apparently you're reading is wrong, because I haven't lied to you in quite some time now actually."

"I know you. And I know when you're deep in thought. When you get lost up there," Kurapika motions to his head, "You grow quiet. You gaze off and fixate your mind on whatever anxieties are worrying you. You tend to focus on that alone, and not do anything else for a long while. So don't tell me I'm wrong, I know something is eating at you as of now."

Kurapika's dark orbs stare intently into your (e/c) hues. And you fight that stare back, not breaking eye contact.

He's not wrong. You've been together for a long, long time. While you're technically not lying to him by choosing not to tell him what's on your mind, you still aren't telling him the whole truth. And you certainly don't intend for him to find out what that whole truth is.

Still, the way Kurapika is so concerned for your well being makes you melt, it always has. And the way his big eyes are looking at you right now just adds to the melting sensation.

You smile, sitting up and leaning forward.

"Whats with the grin? Hm?" Kurapika can't help but let a smile fall on to his own face at the sight of yours.

"Nothing." You whisper, leaning closer to him. You press a soft kiss to his lips, locking it for a few seconds.

When you pull away, Kurapika's soft smile widens. He pushes some of his hair behind his ear, the one with his beautiful scarlet earring.

"What's with your grin Kurapika?" You mock.

"Absolutely nothing." He whispers, going back in for another long kiss.

After parting for the second time, you crawl up next to Kurapika and rest your back along the headboard of the bed just as he has been doing all evening. You sit in silence again for a moment until Kurapika says, "I'm sorry (Y/n), I deeply apologize for everything that occurred earlier today. I'm in your debt with so many of my errors."

"I'm your partner Kurapika. We're supposed to help each other out, so don't be sorry. I just wish you wouldn't destroy yourself. You're throwing your life away every time you loose your rationality."

Kurapika thinks on it for a moment.

"I'm aware there are many trying times with me often, but I should never have put you in danger like I did, that was wrong of me. I'm genuinely so sorry..."

"Kurapika, stop it. I've got your back, always."

"You're a doll... I truly don't know what I would achieve in this book named life without you.."

Kurapika cups your cheek in hand and gently turns your face towards him at a better angle to see your face clearer. His gentle and sweet smile is like heroin for you, you can't get enough of it. He softly rubs his thumb over your cheek, caressing it gently. And you simply can't help but return his smile.

"My darling (Y/n)."