13

Kurapika walked into the room you would be staying in for the time being. You followed behind him quickly and excitedly. Stars were in your eyes as they peeked around the room.

"Wow! It's so big in here!" You exclaimed. You flopped on to one of the beds. As Kurapika walked passed it, he smiled with an added laugh.

"Lay while you can." He stated while strolling over to the walk-out balcony. It honestly looked like something out of a movie.

You sprang upward, looking over to Kurapika who was now leaning over the black railing. It was super pretty too. Covered in purple, yellow and white flowers added such a springy feeling to the atmosphere even though fall was indeed approaching.

"Didn't you say we'd start on our little project of research as soon as we got here?" You called out jokingly.

"You seem to take every little detail so literally. I did not mean, as soon as we got here. But yes, soon we must start. I'm thinking about later this evening we can start."

You stood up and walked over to him.

"Soooooo~~ I saw a really nice café in the lobby downstairs~"

Kurapika turned to you.

"What of it?"

"Weeeell~ we can get our dinner there. Ya know, spend a little time together and then start our work!"

"Very well. But we can't be spending all of our money on expensive food. Also, aren't practically together all of the time anyways?"

"Pfft yeah...whatever. I'm surprised you can even put up with me. Considering how aNNOyIng I am." You screeched. Kurapika tched before crossing his arms.

"Honestly." He muttered in an irritated fashion.

You clutched your arms around him tightly. You even pressed your mouth into his neck, letting out little fits of laughter.

"Don't worry. I'll behave for you while we solve this case."

"Please do. I'm putting so much trust into you (Y/n). We can't have any delays."

"I mean, pfFT, I've kinda already delayed our whole futures lives as it is." You joked. Your brain figured that this was enough though. Joking around too much really pissed Pika off if you did it constantly. And with him being so determined for this whole scenario, you couldn't afford to be stupid the whole time.

Instead of annoying him anymore, yourself decided that it would be best to just start a little bit of research. First, you had to unpack.

You slid away from Kurapika, and motioned over to the other side of the room where you had so carelessly dropped your bags and suitcase. You smiled when your hands touched the material of your laptop case. It really came in handy when it had to travel alongside you for small adventures like this.

You grasped that in the crook of your arm, also while grabbing your suitcase and flopping that too onto one of the beds.

"So, are we sharing a bed oooorr~?" You asked, while setting your hands on your hips, looking down upon your huge bags of unnecessary shit you brought along with you. Perks of being a girl.

Kurapika looked back after hearing his named be called.

"I was just thinking that we can share and keep our luggage on this bed. That's all." You finished, nodding your head in the direction of the bed you were currently standing right in front of. It was just a silly excuse to get yourself to stay as close as Kurapika as you could. Of course that too meant you still wanted to find a way to stay cuddling next to him during sleeping hours.

"Absolutely not. I truthfully don't think that you're aware of how much space you take up in bed. We're sleeping separately."

"nOooo. Kuuraaaapikaaaa!"