19

You and Kurapika sat together at a small table in the fancy place Juvher was meeting at.

You wore a black dress, and Pika wore a nice shirt and black pants.

The two of you blended in perfectly with the rest of the crowd.

"I'm expecting a nice dinner, Mister Kurapika." You smirked, setting your chin in your hand. That only bought you a glare and a roll of the eyes.

"I'm just joking. No need to get feisty. Man, I swear you're a cat sometimes. You're so vicious."

"Can I request for you to just be silent for a few minutes?"

"I'm playing with you, jeez." You stated, reaching over to poke his cheek.

"It would be best to get closer to him."

"Don't make it obvious Kurapika." You comment, standing up to follow him.

You were watching Juhver from behind an artificial plant, listening to what he had to say.

"He seems pretty innocent Pika. What do you think?"

"I agree. The only question that's weighing on my mind is what does the Troupe want with him?"

"I mean they kill whoever. Isn't that easy enough to buy?"

"Yes, but this case it's different."

"How?"

"It's normal for them to go after important figures, but Juhver's radiating off unique vibes. I take it that the Spiders want him for something."

"Oooohhh~ you're so smart Pika."

All of a sudden your eyes spotted people walking in through the doors, almost like zombies. Some people even stood up out of their seats... it's like they suddenly got plagued with something.

"What the hell?" You questioned everything in life at that point.

You watch as Juhver and his bodyguards rush him away from the scene, other people running off in panic.

Kurapika took a closer look, grabbing your wrist as soon as he saw little needles in the heads of the walking people.

Long black hair appeared, which was shortly followed with the Troupe themselves busting through the buildings doors.

"Wh- what's wrong?" You asked, trying not to fall while Kurapika dragged you away to a empty storage closet. He shut the door as fast as he could and locked it, making the two of you stay in darkness.  All you could hear were the screams of many outside.

"I had no inkling that he had joined the Troupe." Kurapika whispered.

Your eyes adjusted to the darkness a bit, so you stared Kurapika down.

"Who?" You asked. "I don't ev–" Kurapika covered your mouth once he heard footsteps outside the small closest.

"Illumi is trailing that man. He'll inform us once he stays put." A voice said.

"Then what was the point of even coming out here?"

"We have to collect his belongings, Feitan. Surely he left some very important things behind after rushing out like that."

That'll prove to be useful to them. Damn. Kurapika thinks.