5

Flashback //

"I can NOT believe you were so reckless! Do you know how stupid you looked?!"

"I am very well aware, there is no need to remind me! I couldn't help it! You don't understand (Y/n)"

Kurapika and you sat on opposite sides of his room in compete silence after that. Kurapika took a seat on his couch, and you standing next to his door. After watching him totally annihilate a wolf spider, you brought him back to his house immediately. The spider wasn't the issue itself. No. The issue was that Kurapika rudely interrupted a ceremony you had been planning to attend to with him by your side. He interrupted the whole thing just to kill one little spider that happened to be crawling on a table.

"Fine. There's no need for me to stick around here then. I'll see ya around." You shook you head with an irritated look on your face. You were about to leave his small apartment out of pure annoyance.

"(Y/n), wait a moment." Kurapika called just as you opened the door.

"What?!" You snapped, looking back at him.
Kurapika stood up, walking over to you. He gently grabbed your tiny feminine hand. He closed the door with his free hand.

"Let me explain why I acted in such an irrational way." He lead you over to his couch.

"Kurapika, we just started a relationship a week ago and we're already arguing." You stated. Kurapika nodded before he suddenly said,

"Kurta."

You blinked once, staying absolutely silent. Thoughts were just running through your head.

"Huh?"

"The Kurta Clan. A tiny tribe of people with scarlet eyes."

"Scarlet.....eyes?"

"Yes, that is correct. I belong to that tribe, only, that tribe does not exist now."

You tilted your head in totally confusion.

"Where are you going with this, Kurapika? I'm so lost."

Kurapika gently entwined his fingers with yours. The both of you were holding each other's hand perfectly.

"(Y/n), I'm opening my heart up to you, I'm revealing my darkest secret to you. I want us to live together in nothing but bliss. From now on, I want us to share to each other whenever deemed necessary," Kurapika looked at you with sorrowful eyes, yet a small smile was placed on his lips. Right before he began to speak again, his eyes turned to a bright red...like when he killed that spider. "I belonged to the Kurta Clan, yes. Before deceased, we were a small clan living far out away from everyone else. To be quite honest, we were forced to live out there. But it was alright because we enjoyed living out there with nature surrounding us. My people tend to be the quiet type so naturally we deprive ourselves from colonizing away from our home, in addition to that... We weren't exactly allowed to leave the forest we hid in. We thought it would be best to excuse ourselves from others witnessing our colored eyes. Whenever our thoughts and emotions are enhanced...our eyes turn to a beautiful shade of scarlet."

As Kurapika explained about his past and family, you couldn't help but feel very intrigued. You've never heard of the Kurta before, and now you were learning about these interesting people from you boyfriend.
It all seemed nice up until death crept in.

"The Phantom Troupe, a notorious group of thieves came through one day, withdrawing every breathing soul of my people. I- I hadn't been there at the moment to see it happen, I was away. The aftermath I witnessed...it still makes me sick." And as Kurapika went on and on about the Kurta and Troupe, you held his hand tighter and tighter. The look on his face crushed you into a few million pieces. He looked so sad and...and blank. Almost as if he had just been hypnotized.

"Not one person survived. For this reason is why I acted stupidly upon seeing that spider back at the ceremony. The Troupe scarred me in a way that can never be resolved, hence why my eyes change color whenever I see a spider."

Tears were streaming down your face. Quite a fair amount of them too. Your bottom lip quivered at the thought of Kurapika being all alone, and loosing everyone he loved. And at such a young age too.

You quickly lunged forward and into him, grasping him in a tight hug.

"I'm so sorry!" You whined into him. Your breath hitched a little from how much you were crying. Kurapika wrapped his arms around you, laying down backwards on his couch. You two just sat there laying down.

That was when you quickly realized it. 

You could never ever let him see your tattoo.