11

Today was the day.

The day where Kurapika was to go out and about for information and key things to help him discover who the Troupe was after.

You knew this because when you woke up the next day, Kurapika was already up and out of bed.

You could hear the shower water running from a short distance.

Tap tap tap.....

That was the calming sound of the water hitting the floor.

You turned over in bed whilst running your fingers through your messy hair. You squinted your eyes to peer over at your alarm clock. The red, digital numbers were bright with the surrounding darkness there.

5:45 a.m.

You inhaled a tired breath through your nose while staring up at the ceiling.

"I know you meant early Kurapika... but I didn't think it would be this early."

You just laid there for a good five minutes debating on whether or not this mission was really worth getting up so early for.

Yes.

It is.

For Kurapika.

Speaking of hiiim~

There he stood after entering the room. You could tell that his hair was still pretty wet from the hallway light being on behind him.

You sat up in bed, still pretty groggy.

"Oh, You're up. I thought I might have to wake you."

You placed the palm of your hand over your forehead.

"Yeah. I heard the shower water running. Why do we have to be up so early?"

Kurapika walked over to the other side of your room and turned on the light switch, you wincing in response. He picked up a big suitcase and brought it back over to your bed, flopping it down.

Your eyes shone a bright concern of confusion.

"What exactly do we need that for?"

"We're staying at a hotel for the time being."

You choked on nothing but the air surrounding you.

"How far exactly are you planning to go with this whole situation?!" You exclaimed, rather surprised by how high your voice raised.

"I'm willing to go to any rate to find out what's happening."

It was way too early for this.

You sat higher up in bed, your white tank top strap sliding down your shoulder. You ran your fingers through your bangs whilst letting out a sigh.

"Are you done in the bathroom then?"

"Mhm. It's all yours." Kurapika replied almost robotically. He clearly wasn't paying that much attention since he was packing his suitcase.

"I'm going to shower then." You stood up, careful not to show off your damn tattoo. You grabbed a thin cardigan that was conveniently hanging off the closet doors handle.
Normally you wouldn't be wearing a tank top to bed, but it was just so hot last night in particular.

Hurrying to the bathroom though, you hopped into the shower and made it a fast one.

You imagined and thought about how  Kurapika probably wanted to get out of the house as soon as possible.

You didn't have any time to spare.

***

You sat in the car, sighing aloud. Kurapika handed you a thin brochure type thing.

"What's this?" You asked, scanning the front cover. Ooooooh. Fancy!

"Look through it, if you will. One of the pages has the hotel we'll be staying at for the time being."

You scrolled through the thin packet and came across the page he was talking about.

Your eyes shined bright at the sight.

"KuRaPiKa!" You screeched out in a inhuman octave.

The hotel you two were going to be staying at had a five star rating. And it was beautiful. Also, where it was located was basically the fifth avanue of York New.

"We are not going to be able to afford this." You said with obvious doubt.

"Don't worry, I have my ways."

You crossed your arms over your chest.

"Hisoka?"

"Exactly." Kurapika replied, putting the car in drive. "He's going to lend me some money once I run out."

"Are you saying we're gonna be broke?!" You exclaimed.

"Well, for the time being. We won't be working since we'll be solving this case. Also, I imagine that it will be a while before we go back to our normal lives."

"Awhile...you mean as in MONTHS!?"

Kurapika gave a little nod.

"It'll be a time of discord for us, but we'll make it work."