8

Waking up next to Kurapika was the only good thing about even getting up in the morning. You got to see him. He was the first thing you would see in the morning. Even though it was rare, sometimes you would be lucky enough to wake up before him and capture his sleeping form. But not this particular day did you. Rather, you had woken up to him sitting on the side of the bed slouching over.

"Good morning sunshine." You crawled over to him and hugged him from behind, pressing your cheek against his back.

"Huh? Oh...good morning."

You two sat there in silence for three seconds before you started pressing soft kisses to Pika's neck.

"Rough night, huh?" You asked. Kurapika only let out a light snicker.

"Indeed. Though, it's all a blur as of now," Kurapika stated. "Hm. We should probably start getting ready for the day. We have to meet Hisoka again later, remember?"

You groaned against Kurapika's bare back. Normally he would have worn a t-shirt or tank to bed...but he was so tired from the night before.

"He gives me bad vibes." You said, voice muffled by Kurapika's back.

"Everyone receives that from him. I have yet to meet a person who isn't afraid of Hisoka."

"It's not like I hate the guy, but I don't completely trust him. I mean he's hot but-"

"He's what?!" Kurapika turned his head back to you at a quick speed. You felt a little smile cross your lips at seeing how cute Kurapika could get.

"He's hot. No. Sexy." You continued. You looked at Kurapika's jealous face. He squinted his eyes as he looked at you.

"You're horrible." He muttered, ripping himself away from your grasp. You giggled a little from his angered nature.

"Kuuuuuraaapiiikaaaaa~" you leaned your face over his shoulder.

"You're starting to annoy me." He spoke bluntly. "Come on. We have to start getting ready. We don't have the time to sit around in bed all day." He wiggled himself away from you and stood up, stretching his arms over his head.

"Jeez Kurapika...we can't cuddle a little bit?"

"No. Get up (Y/n). I have to make the bed."

"AGHH. Fine." Struggling to get out of bed was harder than it should have been. Blankets were wrapped around your ankles, and your tired body couldn't bear to stand up. "I guess I'm up then." You finally said while managing to walk to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

***

Hisoka had already been sitting at the little café you three planned to meet up at. He sat there with a half filled water bottle and a little croissant.

"Why do you always show up before me?" Kurapika asked, sitting down across from him. You tagged along behind him with your hands folded in front of you.

"I like to be punctual~"

"It just now turned three o'clock." Kurapika stated, looking at the time on his phone.

"Oh well~ maybe I like to appear places a little earlier than agreed. I get bored easily, you know. There's really nothing to do nowadays~"

"Anyways, do you have the paperwork?"

"Always so pushful~. Of course." Hisoka said before making a stack of paper appear out of thin air. He noticed your surprised face and smiled wickedly, winking at you. You blushed and quickly averted your gaze away from him. You had looked extra cute that day too. Just because you were going to a café, and they usually have lots of well kept people walking around in there.

"All here and provided~" Hisoka said to Kurapika, focused on the topic of business again.

"Thank you." Kurapika took it into his hands. "Were these difficult to get a hold of?" He flipped through each page, examining numbers and keywords.

"Not really. It was very easy in fact."

"Then I shall use you as my personal recourse more often." Kurapika smirked, making Hisoka frown.

"So. How long is this mission going to take then~?"

"I believe a month."

"A MONTH?!" You exclaimed, while standing up abruptly. "I didn't agree to this!"

"No, you didn't, but you stepped right on inside of it from the beginning when you followed me into that building last night. Therefore, that makes you qualified to be in this situation with me." Kurapika explained.

You puffed out your cheeks annoyed at the fact you had suddenly been sucked into this mess.

"You're cute when you're flustered~" Hisoka pointed out, calmly setting his cheek in the palm of his hand. You could have sworn you saw Pika's eyes flash scarlet for a spilt second.

"Bastard..." he muttered quietly. Hisoka looked at him, chuckling to himself.

'I'll never get tired of toying with him~'

Hisoka's eyes shifted back to you. He looked up at down your body.

'She really is cute. I wonder how powerful she is~? Perhaps she's like Machi? Hmm~. Probably not~.'

You sat back down when you felt Hisoka staring right through you. You almost felt naked while his eyes were on you. All you could do was glare at him back. He seemed to be way too powerful, there was no way you'd be able to beat him at something.

"So shall we all be on our way then~?" Hisoka asked, still looking at you.

"Uh no, I don't think so. You're staying put right here." Kurapika said, grabbing your hand and leading you off quickly.

"Contact me if you need help with anything~" Hisoka called from where he still sat. You took one last look at him whilst being dragged off. He still had that amused looking smirk on his face.

"I hate him." Kurapika muttered while still dragging you away.

"But you guys seem to get along business wise." You spoke.

"He's only useful for that much only. Otherwise I rather not come in contact with him at all. Since we now have of list of targets, we should get started right away."

You didn't reply. Instead you just sighed.

Not many people actually got along with Kurapika. The only ones that actually talked to him were his work buddies and close friends.

"So are we actually going to be meeting up with Hisoka again at some point?"

"Only if we need him, yes. I can take care of this mission alone," Kurapika looked at you with a tiny smirk on his face. "And you're helping me."

Yeah.

You're helping him.