20

Once things died down, Kurapika quietly opened the closet door.

"We have to get a move on." He whispers softly, still alert just in case anyone was still hanging around.

"Well, that was the whole plan to begin with." You say sarcastically.

"Mmm..." Kurapika grumbles. "Just come along." He lightly grips on to your wrist and makes you follow him down the hallway.

"Why did you freak out when the Troupe arrived? I would have thought that you would go after them as soon as you saw them." You say, trying to keep up with Kurapika.

"You don't understand. It wasn't the Troupe I avoided, it was the man that appeared to be with them. I positive that he joined them, or he's just assassinating."

"Who are you even talking about?" You say irritated. It's not like you knew what any of the Troupe members look like – except the time you saw a few of the members in that one building  – so you couldn't tell who was who when the whole cluster busted in.

"My friends older brother (Y/n)! His name is Illumi." 

"Illumi?" You say, dwelling on the word. You snorted a bit as you laugh. "What kind of name is that? Illumi-nati." You joke. You could see Kurapika shake his head in front of you. Clearly he wasn't amused by you.

"You need to settle down." He says.

"I'm calm, what are you even talking about. Besides, where are we even rushing off to? We have no idea where we're even going."

"I have some friends that can help. Also, knowing Hisoka, he's probably watching this all unfold from close by. He most likely saw which direction the Spiders left off to. We can ask him about it, in the meantime," Kurapika stops dead in his tracks. He pulls out his phone and dials a number. "I'm going to call for some backup."

You could hear the phone ringing from where you stood.

Killua!" He says into the phone.

Killua? Who's that? You think to yourself.

Kurapika never really talked about his friend life. Often times you forgot that Kurapika even had friends. Considering how much he works, and the time he spent with you, he really didn't have time to go out and socialize even though you tell him to.

The only friends you really know about is Leorio and his fellow bodyguards.

"Thank you. Could you possibly contact Illumi and ask him what job he's on?"

You cross your arms, wanting to know what they are planning. With how Kurapika is, he always jumps to thing to thing without a thought in the world.

You watch as Kurapika says his goodbyes and hangs up.

"My friends are going to trail Illumi, then they'll meet back with us at twelve thirty. I'm going to contact Hisoka and others."

"Is Leorio gonna meet up with us?" You ask hopefully.

"Yes, Killua is going to call him as soon as he can."

"Yes!" You smile. You always have liked Leorio. He was kinda the one to point out Kurapika's feelings towards you. He didn't exactly say that to your face, but he did hint a lot. And the way he always seemed to calm Pika down when sad or rage-full, that really made him a good friend.

______

GUYS! It's Kurapika's birthday!!! Happy birthday sweetheart ahh! We all love him soooo much. ;u;
Obviously I just HAD to write this chapter for this special occasion.

I hope this chapter isn't too bad, because I had no plan going into this chapter at all. Also I'm writing this in school right now; later I have to attend a meeting at this cosmetology school I'm going to next year, so I'll have no time to write. There will probably be spelling errors and Kurapika may seem a bit out of character.

But omg. He better spend his day watching over his children and cuddling with Leorio because MmmMmmmm they're a damn family.