16

Oof have you guys watched the dub on Adult Swim? I've always liked the dub but omfg what's with Kite's & Colt's voices? Cringe. I'm so sorry chapeys have been shorter and updates have been less frequent. I'm currently failing two classes in school so yup yup been working on that. :D I'm not gonna be able to graduate LOL. So, how've you been, my loves?

- - - - - - -

The night was pretty restless for you. You laid there staring up at the ceiling with your mind off running. All of your thoughts were scurrying around way too quickly for your brain to even comprehend.

You looked over at Kurapika from the other side of the room. Earlier he stated that you two would be sleeping in separate beds. He wasn't mistaking. He meant it. You couldn't deny it was cozy having a whole bed to yourself to stretch out in, but you also missed Kurapika's warmth and his clean scent next to you.

You stared at the slim figure that was not facing your direction. His face laid towards the balcony's glass door. All your eyes could see is his blonde hair in your way. The moonlight shined in on his sleeping figure, since you two decide to keep the curtains open.

You smiled just a little bit.

"Kurapika?" You whispered. No reply. Just the subtle movement of his breathing. "Kurapika..?" You questioned again, a little louder. Still no answer. Best to just give up. He's probably resting up as much as he can for his big expedition tomorrow.

Unlike you.

That's exactly why you were having troubles sleeping.

Tomorrow was going to be your first real adventure.

You were never like Kurapika. You never ever experienced the things he has. He's witnessed murder, kidnappings, actual death threatening
fights and much more. Applause for him even staying sane throughout all that.

You, how could you keep up with all that? You were just a regular girl all of your life. And now that you're on this mission alongside him.... you were.......

You were scared.

Terrified.

It's not as if you could tell him that later though. It had to be soon.

It wasn't your fault though. Kurapika is a Hunter. He's used to all of this. He's totally immune to whatever bad thing will happen. You weren't. How could you not be scared? Especially since the Phantom Troupe is involved.

You couldn't help yourself. You quietly pulled the thick covers off of your side, and shoved them to the side. Your bare feet made contact with the cold hardwood floors, making a shiver run up your whole body. Timidly, you made your way over to Kurapika's bed, and scooted over in it next to him. Immediately, you felt a sense of happiness and joy overcome your whole body.

It wasn't long before Kurapika started to shuffle, noticing the new weight that fell into the mattress.

"(Y/n)...?" He mumbled, still half asleep. You found yourself wrapping your arms around him. Soon, little tears were rolling down your face. Each one found its own place in the white pillow your delicate head was pressed against. Inaudible sniffs were present in the moment as well.

"(Y/n?)" Kurapika questioned, more aware of details now.

You didn't reply. You just buried your face into his back...which was now being slightly wetted down with your tears.

"I'm so scared....." you whispered with a cracking voice. "I didn't realize it before. I didn't realize how life threatening this really would be."

Kurapika's breath started to speed up. His body shifted out of your grasp so he could face you. His hand found its way into yours, while the other hand made its way to wiping away your tears that shined in the moons radiance. He was at a loss for words. He's witnessed you cry before...but something this time caught him off guard. All he could do was lay there next to you, making you feel as comfortable as possible without needing words.

And that's how you two fell asleep that night. Resting up against one another in a way that's never been done before.

Something about this trip is going to change everything for your relationship.