2

Your whole evening was given to your thoughts and ideas. You had been trying to come up with an excuse to not go to that party. Everything that came to your mind seemed good, until you thought it out though. None of the excuses you thought of were good enough for anyone to believe. And every thought featured Kurapika. He lived with you. He knows what you do all of the time.

Faking sick? Kurapika's too smart for that.

Something came up? Kurapika knows you don't do anything all day but watch anime. All your friends had things to do. Nothing could possibly drag you out of your house.

Car wasn't working? Kurapika could fix it easily.

Everything you thought of involved Kurapika. Anything you could think of, he was there to knock the idea out of the park. There was no way you could make up an excuse that didn't include him.

You could tell Kurapika you didn't want to go...but then he would be all alone at a party. You didn't want that. And even if he offered to stay home with you, you couldn't bring yourself to tell (B/f) you didn't want to come.

"Awww man," you pouted. "I guess there is no choice in this." You whispered.

You could see the kitchen from where you sat in the living room. Kurapika was pacing back and forth with his phone up to his ear.
You smiled at his walking figure. The Kurta was always busy, and tomorrow night would be relaxing for him to enjoy. You couldn't possibly take that away from him.

But you couldn't possibly let him see your tattoo either.
That would be awful.

With a sigh a lot louder than anticipated...you stood up and went to go find an old t-shirt. Maybe you could find one you didn't mind cutting up.

You walked into your room and went straight to your dresser. All your good clothes were in the closet you shared with Kurapika, so you didn't even bother looking in there.

You bent down on your knees - them making a slight cracking noise - and opened your drawer.

"Okay~ let's see here" Your hands dug through the piles of old shirts you had and you couldn't bring yourself to cut up any of them. You came across a plain white t-shirt though. It seemed due-able. It wasn't one of those baggy t-shirts either. It was a nice size that maybe you didn't have to cut it after all.

Just as you went to put it up against you, your boyfriend walked in. You turned your head in the direction of where he was standing.

"That was quick. The call already ended?" You asked, tilting your head to the side.

"Yes. It wasn't as important as I thought it to be." Kurapika walked over to your guys' bed. He took a seat on the edge as his eyes scanned around and over the few shirts scattered around you. "What are you looking for?"

"Um. A top. I kind of like this white one." You examined the shirt in your hands. You rubbed your thumb against the end of the shirt. The quality was thin enough for water, but it was thick enough to where your tattoo wouldn't be very noticeable.

"A shirt? What for?" Kurapika asked, swinging his legs.

"Mmmm...you'll see~!!"

The blonde Kurta sighed.

"You're making such a mess. It's making our room look bleak."

"I'll clean it up! Jeez, don't worry about it." You grumbled as you began to stuff all of your clothes and random things back into your drawer not very neatly. All while doing so you were muttering quiet little things. 

"Forget my question before but pardon my new one; Why don't you want to attend to (B/f)'s tomorrow?"

Your eyes widened at his question. Acting as normally as possible, you turned around to face him. You just knew he was going to have a questioning look plastered all over his face once you turned around.

"What? What do you mean?"

"Cut that out (Y/n)."

"Cut what out?" You asked, trying to sound a little confused.

Kurapika crossed his arms over his chest.

"It's plain as day that you don't want to be present there. You're not a very convincing actress. I'm not as dense as you think I am."

"AGHH! I DON'T THINK YOU ARE AT ALL! UGH. Dammit Kurapika! Why are you like this sometimes? You pry into my life all of the time." You crossed your arms too out of frustration.

"Well, I happen to love you so much and I just so happen to care about your well being as well." Kurapika looked away from your eyes.

"I know that. But gah! You literally know everything about me Kurapika! What blood type I am, each number of hair strands I have  on my head...and you even know how predictable I am. You know that I don't want to go to my friends without me even telling you."

"I suppose I cosset you too much. I take more of my own time to make sure you're alright and safe. In other words...I am really clingy."

You two sat in silence for a few seconds. It wasn't awkward. It was just fine. The two of you were in your own minds just thinking. The both of you thought about the other. Well, that is until Kurapika broke the silence.

"I worry about you. There are many that can pose a threat to you, hurt you. Those who are purely horrible would take such pride and joy to you. You're not some rag doll that can be tossed around like other dirty men think. The way you throw me out of your life bothers me. The way you lie to me just so I'm happy bothers me too. You think that will make me succumb to such bliss. But in fact it doesn't. It makes me worry so much more about you."

Kurapika clenched the end of his t-shirt in his fist. He looked down at the argent colored carpet beneath him. You noticed his sudden change of behavior and decided to sit next to
him on the bed. You gently placed your hand on his leg for comfort. Both for him and you. Plus, you stayed quiet while he thought. It would be really rude to say something while Kurapika was in such a state.

"You're all that I have left." He suddenly spoke, very quietly though. That almost made you cry.

"Don't be silly Kurapika. You have plenty of friends. I'm just another human tha-"

"SEE! There you go again! Stop thrusting your life right out the window!" Kurapika exclaimed.
You sighed, standing up to go turn off the bedroom light. On the way over there you spoke.

"Okay. I'm done. I'm done doing that,"
You said, walking back over to the beautiful person you knew. You dragged him up to the top of the bed. "It's getting late. We should sleep."

Kurapika sighed, nodding his head, though you could barely tell through the darkness of the bedroom.

You snuggled up next to him, your head against his chest. You threw a leg over top of him for comfort. While you did that, he wrapped his arms around you, kissing the top
of your head. The lavender scent of your hair made him smile.

"(Y/n)...please just promise me that you'll stop lying to me. Please." He whispered. You bit your lip harshly.

"I promise."

You could literally feel the relieved expression leave Kurapika. As well as the tension in the air fade away.

After all, hiding a secret wasn't lying, right? Yeah........right.

"I love you so much Kurapika."